The Keysight Flex Tap™ provide reliable continuous visibility of 100% of network traffic to support performance and security with no network performance degradation or disruption. Flex Taps are flexible and scalable, each Tap in the family is modular, can support speeds up to 400G, and is 100 percent passive. Flex Taps are available in multimode and single mode fiber varieties with split ratios ranging from 50/50 up to 90/10. Depending on the model, the Flex Tap is available with either LC or MTP (MPO) connectors. Up to 36 taps can be deployed in a single 1U 19inch rack space.
- 50/50, 60/40, 70/30, 80/20 and 90/10 split ratios supported
- Fully modular product — anywhere between 1 and 36 taps in a 1U 19 inch rack
- "Mix and Match" different speeds and fiber types in one chassis
- Prepopulated chassis with either 8, 16 or 24 modules available at a discount
- Support speeds from 1G to 400G
- LC, MTP and BiDi deployments supported. Single Mode and Multi Mode models
- Delivers low insertion loss to minimize impact on data flows
- Patch Tap offers deployment flexibility and ad hoc tapping
Choose the Fiber Optical Tap That's Right for your Visibility Architecture
Fiber Optical Taps Features
A Flexible and Scalable Solution for 100% Visibility
Built using fiber-optics, our Flex Tap fiber taps deliver 100% visibility into network traffic and permanent, passive access points while preserving top network performance. That’s because each tap in the Keysight Flex Tap™ family is modular and can support network speeds of up to 400Gbps, and is 100% passive.
At the same time, Flex Taps allow you to effectively monitor network performance, avoiding issues of degradation and disruption. Flex Taps are also versatile: each is compatible with all protocols and monitoring devices, and can be deployed at any inline connection on the network without increasing overhead or management workflows. Flex Taps consist of a base chassis unit that can tap to 36 LC links, or 12 MTP based modules.
Passive fiber taps such as Keysight Flex Taps are very secure as once inserted in a network. They are always live and cannot be 'hacked' and disabled. A key aspect of selecting the right tap for the job is the calculation of a 'light budget' that confirms that a passive tap will not lead to any dropped packets on the network being monitored.
- Keysight has the largest range of tap types of any vendor — (Speeds from 1Gbps to 400Gbps, Single mode and Multi mode, and connector/fiber types including Cisco BiDi). See data sheet for complete listing of Flex Tap modules including the new Flex Tap VHD module which provides up to 36 taps in a 19inch 1U space
- Keysight has thousands of taps in stock and can quickly ship high volumes if required
- Keysight's ability to deliver through a network of global Channel Partners
- Quality products — thorough testing from design through production ensure top performance
- Technical Innovation — Keysight was the first to offer a modular tap — "Flex Tap" and continues to innovate with products such as the Flex Tap Secure+ which provides an enhanced security for the most sensitive of applications
- Wide choice of supporting cables
To learn more about optical tap deployments, including light budgets, we invite you to read the solution brief "Flex Tap Insertion Loss Calculator."
Protect Your Innovation Investment
Technical Overviews 2020.04.10
Technical Overviews 2020.06.26
Ixia Flex Taps
Data Sheets 2022.04.25
Ixia Flex Tap
Data Sheets 2020.02.10
Flex Tap Quick Reference Guide
Data Sheets 2020.05.21
Flex Tap™ Secure+