Measurement capability: attenuator
- settling time: 20 ms attenuation, 100 ms power
- 0.1 to 1000 dB/s attenuation transition speed (selectable)
- +23 dBm input power
- ≤ 1.2 dB insertion loss
Measurement capability: power meter
- Wavelength range: 1260-1640 nm
- Power range: -80 to +10 dBm
- Polarization dependence: <0.01 dB
- Two attenuator channels and two power meters in one half-width rack unit
- Fully compatible with programs developed using the Keysight 8157x and 8156x modular attenuators
- Includes powerful and user-friendly GUI software
- Two instrument configurations can be stored and recalled
The Keysight N7752A combines an attenuator with 2 front-panel power meter channels, offering exceptional performance at a low price. The power meters permit measurements from any point in the measurements setup and assist in calibrating power offsets with respect to the attenuator output.
Extension of N77xx-series
The N7752A attenuator is an extension to Keysight's high density N77xx-family that establishes a new standard in space-saving fiberoptic instrumentation.
Features and Benefits
- Compact instrument combines and integrates multiple functions for setting attenuation and power levels and optical power measurement to reduce CAPEX and floor space.
- Fast and precise setting of optical power levels with settling times of 100 ms for improved test throughput.
- The power meters support convenient power offset calibration of the attenuators.
- Active power control to keep output power constant
- The multichannel attenuator sets and measures several ports at the same time and saves significant time characterizing multiport and multichannel components and network equipments.
- The instrument can be controlled via LAN and USB, as well as GPIB for compatibility with existing equipment.
- An easy-to-use and intuitive graphical user interface software speeds up the integration process.
- Optical transceiver testing
- Optical network integration testing
Interested in a N7752A?
Featured Resources for N7752A 2-Channel Optical Attenuator and Power Meter
Application Notes 2014.07.30
Optical Amplifier Test Solution Using an Attenuator
Programming Guides 2015.03.31
N77-Series Programmer's Guide
Quick Start Guides 2018.12.31
N77-Series Getting Started Guide
Lightwave Catalog: Test & Measurement Networks and Data Centers
Data Sheets 2017.11.30
User Manuals 2015.02.19
N77-Series Optical Attenuator User's Guide