37907A Signaling Advisor
The Signaling Advisor is a software application designed to run on a dedicated mainframe. The resulting instrument simplifies assessment of signaling performance and trends. Add any appropriate optional decodes and link interface modules, and you're ready to test across multiple links involving different protocol standards for example, at access network interfaces.
A range of link interface modules (LIMs) provide the physical interfacing to network equipment. Each LIM connects to one type of physical interface (eg, E1 or T1), providing access to all signaling links on up to four bidirectional bearers. The mainframe supports two LIMs (eight bidirectional bearers). Optional undercradles expand capacity to four LIMs (16 bidirectional bearers) or provide Ethernet connectivity.
The architecture of the software and mainframe makes it easy for you to keep up with changing technologies and data rates, minimizing the need to replace equipment. Simply add a LIM or decode to bring your instrument in line with new needs. High performance and flexibility are designed into the Signaling Advisor mainframe, enabling it to cater for today's and tomorrow's applications. Separate processors (with independent memory) handle data acquisition and user interface, allowing optimum performance to be achieved.
- 37907A Signaling Advisor Mainframe
- Number of LIM slots available: 2
- Processing capacity: Up to 32 duplex signaling links (64 kb/s at 1 erlang)
- Telephone handset connector: RJ11
- Physical dimensions: L × W × H (mm): 310 × 310 × 100
- Weight: 7 kg
- Volume: 10 liters
- Power: 100-120Vac±10%, 220-240Vac±10%, 50-60Hz, 110VA max.
- Operating Conditions
- Operating: +5 ºC to +40 ºC (+41 ºF to +104 ºF)
- Non-operating: -25 ºC to +60 ºC (-13 ºF to +140 ºF)
- Operating: 20% to 80% relative humidity
- Non-condensing To 40 ºC. Storage: 10% to 90% relative humidity to 60 ºC
Operation: 4,575 meters (15,000 feet); Storage 15,250 meters
- Safety conditions
This instrument is designed for indoor use. Safety class I
- Specifications for Mainframe:
- Integrated PC (minimum specification)
- Processor: Intel Pentium or equivalent.
- Clock speed: 400 MHz (min).
- RAM: 256 MB.
- Hard disk: 3 GB IDE (min).
- Floppy drive: 3.5 inch, 1.44 MB DOS format.
- Display: 10.4 inch LCD color SVGA (active matrix TFT).
- Pointing device: Integrated mouse (external serial mouse also supplied as
- Operating system: MS Windows98
- External interfaces
- Video output: SVGA, 800 × 600 resolution
- Printer: Parallel port
- Serial: RS-232-C
- PCMCIA PC cards: Slots for one type III or two type II