86100C-300 Advanced Amplitude Analysis/RIN/Q-Factor
Amplitude Analysis separates ONE and ZERO logic level impairments into:
- Total Interference (TI) – user adjustable BER probability
- Random Noise (RN)
- Deterministic Interference (DI), which is further separated into Periodic Interference (PI) and Inter-Symbol Interference (ISI)
Relative Intensity Noise (RIN and RIN OMA)
- Optical transceiver measurement using any optical DCA module
- Amplitude noise relative to the average optical power level
- Measures both RIN 1 Level and IEEE 802.3ae RIN OMA
Combining Jitter and Amplitude Results
- BER Floor – reports the best BER that can be achieved by the signal
- BER Limit – the domain in which the worst case eye closure occurs (jitter or amplitude)
- Eye Opening at a user specified BER
- Ratio of vertical eye opening relative to the random noise of the signal
- Figure of merit for an eye diagram
Complement the industry's most accurate jitter analyzer with amplitude analysis – all at the touch of ONE button.
In order to efficiently determine root cause for any type of signal degradation in the amplitude domain, one must first determine whether the problem is due to random or deterministic sources. In order to accomplish this task, 86100C-300 takes analysis techniques used in the time domain (jitter analysis) and extends them into the amplitude domain. The result is an in-depth view into impairments that are related to signal levels, either logic ones or logic zeroes, deviating from their ideal positions.
The 86100C DCA-J works essentially the same way for inference analysis as it does for jitter analysis. The advanced triggering techniques allow each bit to be examined to determine correlated effects, as well as make multiple measurements on individual bits to determine uncorrelated effects. Frequency domain analysis through FFT’s is used to extract random components. Dual-Dirac modeling techniques are also carried from the jitter domain and used in the interference domain.
Isolating random noise contributions from the ONE logic level also permits the 86100C to quickly and accurately measure optical transceiver parameters such as Relative Intensity Noise (RIN) and IEEE 802.3ae RIN OMA.
86100C-001 Enhanced Trigger and 86100C-200 Enhanced Jitter Analysis are required for 86100C-300.
Learn more about Keysight Digital Communication Analyzer (DCA) Oscilloscopes