N2281A Dual 1x4 Optical Module
The N2281A optical module brings the flexibility of modular switching to optical test systems. With this optical switch, test engineers can set up an ATE system with just enough switching channels to fit the current application, adding more channels later as the application grows.
Collimating lenses in the optical relays minimize switching insertion loss and improve switching repeatability and stability. This module is ideal for SONET/SDH test, fiber-optic component test, and fiber-optic network monitoring. It can also be used in fiber-optic network configuration and multi-source selection and measurement. Two channels in different modules can be synchronously switched with the "CARD PAIR" command. This module is optically passive, operating independently of data rate, data format, and optical signal direction - therefore transparent to signaling formats. The SC/APC connectors provide reliability and easy connection.
- Modular off-the-shelf optical communications test
- High repeatability for accurate signal routing
- Relays: Optical Prisms
- Optical Fiber Type: 9/125
- Wavelength Range: 1310/1550nm
- Insertion Loss: (single Mode) <0.8dB
- Return Loss: (single Mode) >55dB, excluding connectors
- Repeatability: < ±0.0065dB