Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Communicate, Measure, Organize
Labber offers a complete, easy-to-use solution for instrument control and lab automation. The software is suitable for any R&D, test, or measurement team that wishes to bring its experimental potential to its maximum. Successful researchers and engineers should not have to invest time writing many lines of code before running an experiment. Instead, they should spend their time running tests and measurements.
The instrument server handles communication with all the instruments and equipment present in the experimental laboratory setup.
Labber supports communication over GPIB, serial, USB, TCP / IP, and any other interface that is implemented by the VISA standard.
See our GitHub repository for a complete list of available instrument drivers. On top of the instrument drivers, there is also a set of virtual drivers that are used to implement additional functionality needed for different experiments.
The measurement setup dialog defines the sequence of values to set or measure during an experiment.
Sequences can have an arbitrary number of dimensions. You can easily create them using drag-and-drop functionality.
Add comments, tags, and users for easy tracking of experiments among your team and efficient collaboration.
The log browser visualizes the contents of the log database. In addition to the date of measurement, you can organize your log files using tags such as project name, chip number, or user.
The log list shows a list of logs matching the selected tags. Quick view shows data and settings for the currently selected log.
Logs can be starred to highlight important data. Double-clicking an individual log brings up the log viewer.
- Acqiris digitizer (U1084A)
- Advantest resistance meter (R8340)
- Keysight multimeters (34401A, HP 3478, 3458A)
- Keysight signal analyzer (MXA)
- Keysight VNAs (for example, PNA and ENA Series)
- Keysight oscilloscope (6000X, S-Series)
- Keysight PXI digitizer (M310X, M330X)
- Keysight PXI SMU M961XA
- Keithley multimeter (2000)
- Keithley SMU (2400, 2600B, 6430)
- AlazarTech digitizer
- LeCroy oscilloscope (204Xi, 3074, SDA)
- NI DAQ
- Ocean optics spectrometer
- Aeroflex PXI digitizer (303X)
Arbitrary waveform generators
- Keysight (33250A)
- Keysight PXI AWG (M320X, M330X)
- Keysight (M8195)
- Keysight (33622A)
- Stanford function generator (DS345)
- Tabor (SE5082)
- Tektronix (5004,5014,7122)
- Zurich Instruments (HDAWG)
DC and RF sources
- Keysight low-noise power source (B2961A)
- Keysight DC source (E3610XA, E363XA)
- Keysight PXI local oscillator (M9347A)
- Keysight signal generators (PSG Series)
- Marconi multisource generator (2026Q)
- Rohde & Schwarz RF source (SGS100A)
- BNC signal generator (845)
- Holzworth synthesizer (HS9000)
- LabBrick (LMS, LSG)
- Aeroflex PXI (302X)
- QDevil QDAC
- Rigol signal generator (DSG3000)
- Yokogawa DC source (7651, GS200)
- Bluefors cryostat logging
- Leiden pressure
- Cryomagnetics (LM510)
- Keysight 5313XA counter
- Lakeshore resistance bridge (33X, 475, 37XAC)
- Newport motion controller (MM4006)
- Oxford magnet supply (IPS120, Mercury iPS, ILM)
- Oxford intelligent level meter (ILM)
- Stanford delay generator (SRS645)
- Triton dilution fridge
- Lab Brick attenuator
- Signal demodulation
- Multiqubit pulse generator
- Single-qubit simulator
- State discriminator
- PID controller
Do I need a license for every computer that will run Labber?
Yes, you need a valid license for each computer that is running the instrument server or measurement program. Discounts are available for acquiring multiple licenses.
Do I need a license to use the log browser?
No, you only need a valid license for running the instrument server and measurement programs. You can use the log browser without a license, meaning that you will always be able to access your data, even after a license has expired.
Can I reuse a license if I replace an older computer with a new one?
Yes, but first you need to deactivate the license on the old computer. This is done by clicking the deactivate button in the “license registration” dialog in the instrument server.
I’m having difficulties installing / running Labber on my computer.
Labber requires Windows 7 or later. If you’re experiencing difficulties installing or running the software, please see the “installation” section in the documentation.