Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Installation Instructions for Data Link Software for FieldFox
The Data Link software facilitates transferring data from the FieldFox to your PC and the creation of simple reports.
The information on this web page describes a new generation of Data Link software first introduced in October, 2009. Prior to October, 2009, the original version of Data Link software was available. Follow this link for information on the Original Data Link Software for FieldFox.
The revisions for the new generation of Data Link software start at 2.0. The revisions for the original Data Link software are 1.x. Certain FieldFox released firmware revision may not be compatible with current Data Link software. The details of each release are listed in FieldFox Firmware Release Notes.
Note: If Data Link revision 2.0 or greater is already installed on the target PC, this installation process will overwrite the existing version.
- Download the latest DataLink Software installation file to your PC from FieldFox Data Link Software.
- Unzip the file onto the PC (extract all files to the same directory). Execute the resulting setup.exe file.
- Respond as appropriate to complete Data Link installation.
- During installation, the software checks if your computer has Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1installed. It will automatically be installed, if needed.
- When finished, launch the Keysight FieldFox Data Link software.
- If there are problems with Data Link communicating with FieldFox over the LAN, first establish telnet communication. See Telnet Communication to the FieldFox over LAN for instructions.
To view the Help file for the Data Link software without installing the software, copy DataLink.chm to your PC and double click on it.
A readme.rtf file is installed as part of the Data Link software. It is typically located in the c:\program files\Keysight\FieldFox Data Link directory. This readme file describes the basic features of the software, lists known problems, and provides a basic tutorial.
If there are problems automatically installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, then do the following to manually install it on your PC:
- Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx
- Close all open applications on your PC
- Click the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 link on the web page
- Click the Install it now button on the web page
- Click appropriate buttons to download and install the file, it may be necessary to close the web browser window
- Restart your PC when prompted