Keysight Technologies, Inc. E5270B Precision IV Analyzer is the complete solution for current-voltage characterization of a wide range of materials and devices. The E5270B supports multiple SMUs (Source/Monitor Units) for voltage/current sourcing and voltage/current measurement with the best in the class current measurement performance as low as 0.1 fA. Its modular architecture allows you to configure or upgrade SMU modules for available eight slots. The EasyEXPERT group+ GUI based characterization software is furnished and available on your PC to support all the tasks required in the characterization from the measurement setup to the data analysis. Powerful integration of SMU’s versatile measurement capabilities and GUI based characterization software makes the E5270B the best solution for characterization and evaluation of devices, materials, semiconductors, active/passive components, or virtually any other type of electronic device with uncompromised measurement reliability and efficiency.
Keysight EasyEXPERT group+ supports efficient and repeatable device characterization in the entire characterization process from measurement setup and execution to analysis and data management either by interactive manual operation or automation across a wafer in conjunction with a semiautomatic wafer prober. EasyEXPERT group+ makes it easy to perform current-voltage characterization immediately with the ready-to-use measurements (application tests) furnished and allows you the option of storing test condition and measurement data automatically after each measurement in a unique built-in database (workspace), ensuring that valuable information is not lost and that measurements can be repeated at a later date. Keysight E5270B provides the complete solution for current-voltage characterization with these versatile capabilities.
In addition to using as an analyzer, the E5270B is available as a system component SMU for a rack and stuck test system. It provides the scalability and the highest measurement accuracy in the class for current-voltage measurement. It can be controlled remotely by the FLEX command set supporting the powerful measurement capabilities.
Current-voltage measurement capabilities
- Accurate and precision measurement ranges of 0.1 fA – 1A and 0.5 μV – 200 V
- Spot and sweep measurement capabilities
- Pulse spot and sweep measurement with minimum 500 μs pulse width
- The ASU (atto-sense and switch unit) can be used with the HRSMU to provide 0.1 fA measurement resolution and SMU/AUX path switching
EasyEXPERT group+ software
- Characterization environment is available on user’s PC
- Intuitive GUI based operation with keyboard and mouse operation
- Application Test mode provides the furnished ready-to-use application tests for quick measurement execution (Available application tests can be adapted to configured resources.)
- Classic test mode provides easy access to the instrument features
- Graphical display and analysis capabilities facilitate front-end data analysis without additional utilities and support report generation as image data or Excel data.
- Individualized built-in database (workspace) records test data automatically and simplifies the data management without annoying numerous data files.
- Quick test mode supports test sequencing without programming
- GUI-based control of the Keysight B2200A, B2201A and E5250A switching matrices
- EasyEXPERT remote control function supports the remote execution of application tests via the LAN interface
- Data back capability and various data protection feature for shared usage by multiple users
- EasyEXPERT group+ can be installed on as many PCs as you need without additional charge to take advantage of offline personal analyzer environment among users in your department.
- Configurable and upgradable measurement modules up to 8 slots
- High Resolution SMU (HRSMU), Medium Power SMU (MPSMU) and High Power SMU (HPSMU) are available for configurable SMU selection. Optional ASU is supported for HRSMU.
- High-resolution and high-speed analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) are available to all installed modules
- Active ground unit (GNDU) in mainframe to force 0 V and sink the current up to 4 A
- Multiple interfaces (GPIB, trigger in/out and digital I/O)
- FLEX command set and program memory for remote control programming
- Self-test, self-calibration and diagnostics functions
The measurement and output accuracy are specified at the module connector terminals when referenced to the Zero Check terminal under the following conditions:
- Temperature: 23°C ± 5°C (double for 5°C to 18°C, and 28°C to 40°C if not noted otherwise)
- Humidity: 15 % to 60 % (double for 60 % to 70 %)
- After 40 minutes warm-up
- Ambient temperature change less than ± 1°C after auto calibration execution
- Measurement made within one hour after auto calibration execution
- Averaging (high-speed per-SMU ADC): 128 samples in 1 PLC; Integration time (high-resolution central ADC): 1 PLC (1 nA to 1A range) 20 PLC (100 pA range) 50 PLC (1 pA to 10 pA range)
- Filter: ON (for SMUs)
- Kelvin connection
- Calibration period: 1 year
E5270B Mainframe Specification
Supported plug-In modules
Maximum output power
The total module power consumption cannot exceed 80 W.
Note: Using the HPSMU, MPSMU, and Atto Level HRSMU units, it is impossible to create a combination that exceeds the 80-watt limit.
Maximum voltage between common and ground
≤ ± 42 V
Please have a sales contact me.
A sales representative will contact you soon.