Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro) 2013.07 adds the following new and improved capabilities:
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Analysis – enables design engineers to identify and resolve difficult EMI problems
- Remote/Distributed Simulation – launch remote and distributed simulations on high-end servers and compute clusters
- Increased Design Efficiency – several enhancements that cover a broad range of applications
Note: EMPro 2013.07.HF1 is a replacement for the 2013.07 release, providing additional enhancements and defect repairs.
What’s New in EMPro 2013.07?
EMPro 2013.07 helps design engineers identify and resolve difficult EMI problems and offers a number of new capabilities to reduce simulation time and increase design efficiency.
EMPro 2013.07 enables engineers to simulate the radiated emissions of electronic circuits and components and then determine whether these emissions are within levels specified by common electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards, such as FCC Part 15, CISPR 22 and MIL-STD-461F. This capability is enabled by new specification-compliance templates, as well as several enhancements to both EMPro’s finite element method (FEM) and finite difference time domain (FDTD) simulators.
EMPro 2013.07 introduces a new simulation management tool for launching remote and distributed simulations on high-end servers and compute clusters, disconnecting and later reconnecting a client computer, and receiving status updates on a mobile device.
EMPro 2013.07 includes a number of new features and capabilites that help to increase your efficiency.
- FEM support for additional material types, including anisotropic and frequency dependent magnetic materials
- Increased FEM mesh performance and robustness for large designs
- New FEM hybrid boundary conditions that result in higher simulation speed and accuracy
- FDTD simulation enhancements in the areas of port accuracy and graphical processing unit acceleration
- A real-time electrical connectivity checking tool in the main geometry modeling window that prevents inadvertent gaps between conductors
- A parameterized trace component for modeling IC and printed circuit board interconnects
- Numerous graphical user interface enhancements, in the areas of snapping, bending, length measurements, results display and managing large groups of objects
Looking for more?
If you are new to EMPro, take a look at the Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro) main page.
Looking for another version? View other EMPro Product Versions.