Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
PathWave Digital Pre-Distortion (DPD) Explorer
Digital Pre-Distortion (DPD) is one of the most fundamental analyses in wireless communication systems. It helps to increase the efficiency of Power Amplifiers (PAs) by reducing the distortion created by running PAs in their non-linear regions. PathWave DPD Explorer captures amplifier nonlinearity and creates pre-distortion algorithms and settings for the linearization of cellular and WiFi systems.
The DPD Explorer user interface (UI) :
- Enables engineers to configure various signal formats and DPD algorithms quickly and conveniently
- Supports common communication signal formats, such as 5G NR, LTE, WLAN, and I/Q user definitions
- Supports a new Dynamic Gain algorithm for extracting the parameters of PAs with memory and trap effects
- Includes a Direct DPD method which shows the theoretical limit of DPD comparison between different PA models
- Supports classical DPD parameter identification methods, such as Memory Polynomial, Volterra Polynomial, and Look-Up Table
PathWave DPD Explorer and PathWave Advanced Design System (ADS) Compatibility
The following table lists the compatible versions of PathWave DPD Explorer and PathWave Advanced Design System (ADS).
|PathWave DPD Explorer Version||PathWave Advanced Design System (ADS) Version|
DPD Explorer Installer
||Download||742,391,808 bytes (708 MB)|
Note: DPD Explorer is not supported on Linux.
Install DPD Explorer
DPD functionality is available as a separate add-on. You need to download the installation package and install it along with your ADS instance.
After the download, run the DPD Explorer installer and follow the instructions.
Return to the PathWave Advanced Design System (ADS) Software downloads page.