Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
FieldFox Firmware Upgrade Instructions, upgrading to A.06.xx
To update the FieldFox firmware from A.04.00 or later:
- Check the firmware release revision is A.04.00 or later. Press System (7), press Service Diagnostics, then press System Information. Confirm that the firmware revision is A.04.00 or later.
- Prepare the USB flash drive. Check that there are no file names in the root directory that begin with “N99” or “FieldFox”.
- Click the appropriate FieldFox Firmware Update link on the previous page to download the FFFW_A.06.xx.zip file to a PC and then copy the file to the root directory of the USB flash drive.
- Right click on the FFFW_A.06.xx.zip file and make the appropriate menu selection to extract the compressed files to the root directory of the USB flash drive. Remove the FFFW_A.06.xx.zip file from the USB flash drive.
- Check the results of the upzip operation - If the USB flash drive is G: then check that the following file and directory exist: G:\N9912A_A.UPGRADE and G:\FieldFox\.
NOTE: The FieldFox directory (folder) must contain the firmware file.
- Connect the AC/DC power adapter or confirm that the battery power is greater than 30%.
- Press and hold the FieldFox white power button to turn the unit OFF (not Stand By mode).
- Insert the USB flash drive in one of the FieldFox USB connectors. Note: insert only one USB flash drive when updating firmware.
- Press the FieldFox white power On button.
- If a blinking Start key label is displayed, press the Start key to continue. (The Start key is only displayed when upgrading to A.06.xx for the first time.)
- Eventually the FieldFox Package Installer screen will be displayed.
- For N9912A and N9923A models: if Japanese or Chinese character fonts are to be installed or updated, press Install Options then take appropriate actions. Press Continue to return to the previous screen. (All character fonts are automatically loaded for other FieldFox models.)
- If multiple install packages are listed on the screen, select the desired package.
- Press Start Install to load the firmware update from the USB flash drive. Status information will appear on the screen as the update progresses. Important: Do not power OFF during the firmware update process. Use the AC/DC adapter if battery power is low.
- If prompted to remove the USB flash drive, do so. If there is no prompt to remove the USB flash drive and a new Firmware Update screen is displayed then press the Cancel key and remove the USB flash drive. The FieldFox application will start to load. The FieldFox may shut down and restart automatically. If the FieldFox shuts down and does not restart automatically, restart manually.
- Wait for the FieldFox to enter normal operation in its default measurement mode before pressing any keys.
- To check the firmware release revision, press System (7), press Service Diagnostics, then press System Information.
Troubleshooting the Firmware Update process
If the firmware update process fails, try using a different USB flash drive. Some USB flash drives are not compatible with the FieldFox, refer to the FAQ.