Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- KeysightCare Service and Support
- KeysightAccess Service
- Calibration Services
- Repair Services
- Technology Refresh Services
- Test as a Service (TaaS)
- Test Asset Management and Optimization
- Network/Security Services
- Consulting Services
- Financial Services
- Education Services
- Keysight Support Portal
- Used Equipment
- All Services
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Success Stories
- Overview and Features
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
The W1902EP/ET Digital Modem Library is a simulation add-on for SystemVue that enables transmit, receive, and Bit-Error-Rate (BER) analysis for 40 digital modulation formats used in satellite, military and commercial wireless communication systems. Additionally, the W1902 provides framing, Direct-Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS), and reference receiver designs for 25 of the linear modulation formats. The library enables higher design productivity, reduces verification effort, and supports a model-based design approach across the entire communications design cycle – from algorithm to implementation to hardware verification – using wideband test equipment.
Productivity and Flexibility for A/D Applications
As military and satellite communications networks are being upgraded to newer high-capacity and low-latency formats, many communications designers continue to invest project overhead time to maintain personal simulation blocksets and tools.
- The W1902 Digital Modem library reduces modeling overhead and streamlines verification by providing a reliable, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) reference for common modulation formats.
- The W1902 also connects easily to test equipment and other RF design tools, which enables a higher level of system simulation accuracy needed for RF/FPGA co-design, digital pre-distortion, test equipment support for today’s wider bandwidths.
- SystemVue allows for easy import of intellectual property in C++, MATLAB, and HDL formats, allowing the additional modeling details required by classified, secure, and academic research applications to be easily accommodated.
- The W1902 is especially recommended for “software-defined radio” (SDR) and “cognitive radio” (CR) studies
Together with EDA-friendly licensing that promotes greater design re-use and distributed collaboration, the W1902 Digital Modem library provides the productivity benefits of a supported COTS environment, while preserving the flexibility needed for custom/secure design teams.
Who should use the SystemVue Digital Modem Library?
System-level architects, baseband algorithm designers, and RF component designers can use the W1902 Digital Modem library to perform early R&D validation of communication system architectures, components, and DSP algorithms. The W1902 also provides a convenient modeling platform for custom applications and proprietary communications links.
The SystemVue environment is also scriptable, links to RF design tools such as Keysight ADS, and connects to high-performance test equipment, providing both flexibility and consistency across a full product lifecycle.
- Satellite communications, including ground-space, space-space, and deep-space
- Military communications and secure backhaul
- Academic research
- Extended test equipment support for specialized modulation formats
- Component validation
- Higher productivity, through a trusted IP reference on an open modeling environment
- Lower project overhead, scripting, verification, and NRE
- Faster time to deployment, through superior RF-DSP co-design in SystemVue
What is included?
|Reference Transmitter||Reference Receiver|
- 40 total modulation formats are supported outside the reference transmitter source. Also, some raw modulation features (source only) are available using the “DigitalMod” source included in the core SystemVue environment. This free source does not provide framing, DSSS or demodulation.
- The W1902 supports 40 total demodulation formats. The reference receiver supports 25 of them.
- Some dynamic visualization features are available using the Keysight 89600 VSA software, option AYA. The 89600 VSA does not provide framing, DSSS or demodulated data output.
Formats supported with Framing, DSSS, and full TX/RX reference for BER
QPSK pi/2 DBPSK
16-PSK pi/4 DQPSK
32-APSK pi/8 D8PSK
Custom APSK pi/4-CQPSK
Additional formats supported for simple modulation/demodulation
*Some limitations apply
Figure 1. The W1902 Digital Modem library supports framing and spread spectrum functions for 34 essential modulation/demodulation formats, allowing communications designers to quickly analyze BER performance of satellite and military radio links.
Figure 2. In this example, the W1902 library is used to analyze a 512 QAM communications link having amplifier nonlinearities, finite ADC resolution, AWGN receiver noise, and simple channel effects. For enhanced realism, the same scripting can also work with RF test equipment in the verification loop.
The W1902 Digital Modem Library can be added as an option to any W146x-series SystemVue environment or bundle.
Complementary Keysight software (such as Keysight I/O Libraries, Command Expert, and 89600 VSA software) are often used to connect SystemVue to Keysight test equipment families, such as AWGs, digitizers, RF sources, RF analyzers, and others.
For More Information
Please directly contact your local Keysight EEsof EDA sales representative to inquire about this library and its associated training and consulting services.