Gain deep insight into your device quality and reach the first-to-market status
- Accelerated device troubleshooting
- End-to-end between network emulation equipment and DUT for efficient analytics.
- Built-in, automated diagnostics based on machine learning/artificial intelligence (ML/AI) and rules for root cause analysis.
- Logs from Layer 1 – Layer 7 for in-depth analysis across the entire stack.
- Processing, reporting and analytics automation for a streamlined workflow.
- Single tool across device models and chipsets
- Same tool across devices and chipsets for consistent analytics and user experience.
- Enables seamless and objective comparison across devices and chipsets.
- Intuitive, friendly and data-rich Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Rich set of GUI features for effective, correlated analytics.
- Clean, easy-to-use interface for enhanced user experience.
The full device troubleshooting setup includes Keysight’s Nemo 5G Device Analytics software for analysis and reporting, Nemo Outdoor software or QXDM for device control and diagnostics, and Keysight’s UXM 5G Wireless Test Platform for network signal emulation. The device troubleshooting capabilities can be enabled in all of Keysight’s 5G network emulation solutions, across the entire device workflow.
Support for Protocol R&D Toolset (PRT/iPRT)
The solution is designed to fit different use cases and needs. When testing with Protocol R&D Toolset, the Device Troubleshooting features allows you to easily execute tasks with the powerful user interface:
- Debugging and failures resolution such as protocol signaling failures and throughput issues.
- Correlation of the DUT and UXM test logs to pinpoint the source of failures, such as parameter misconfiguration and KPI anomalies.
- Rich analytics views for drill-down analysis.
Support for Design Verification Test (DVT) and Protocol Conformance Toolset (PCT)
When testing with Design Verification Test (DVT) Toolset, the Device Troubleshooting Software supports the below features:
- Comprehensive list of metrics.
- Events to analyze changes during the test.
When testing with Protocol Conformance Toolset, the Device Troubleshooting Software supports:
- Analysis of test execution messaging.
- Problem detection and diagnostics.