Keysight IO Libraries Suite 2022
Keysight IO Libraries Suite 2022 continues support for features described in the previous versions but with the following changes.
- Upgraded VISA Shared Component to version 7.1.1. This should fix the VISA-COM backward compatibility issue.
- Added support for Thunderbolt Port connection with P50xxB/P93xxB Streamline Series VNA products.
- Please refer to the P50xxB & P93xxB release notes for a list of supported PC models for this Thunderbolt Port connection.
- You must install the VNA software before connecting the P50xxB/P93xxB Streamline Series VNAs, or else the chassis may appear under the PXI10 interface in Connection Expert.
Notes on .NET Framework 3.5/2.0 and Known Issues:
- Just as Keysight IO Libraries Suite 2021, users are no longer forced to install .NET Framework 3.5/2.0 during installation.
- Users can choose to install .NET Framework 3.5/2.0 when they run the installer silently and with an additional command line switch. For example: IOLibSuiteInstaller_version.exe /s /z"typical;net35"
- If users want to use VISA.NET drivers which are provided by the IVI Organization rather than Keysight Technologies, Inc., then they must install .NET Framework 3.5/2.0.
- You may need to install .NET Framework 3.5 for 32-bit VISA applications to work.
Keysight Secure Instrument Communication Expert
Keysight Secure Instrument Communication provides a secure way to control instruments using HiSLIP protocol revision 2.0 (r2). HiSLIP r2 enables secure connections, which are achieved using the Transport Layer Security (TLS) for encryption and decryption. HiSLIP r2 also enables authentication: the server (instrument) authenticates its identity by sending an X.509 certificate to the client (VISA library) when the TLS connection is established. The client authenticates to the server using a server-supported SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer) mechanism.
The challenges to establish a secure connection are: how to proffer the required certificates and authentication information, how to authenticate server/client mutually, and how to configure server/client compatibly, etc.
To overcome the challenges and support secure communication between instruments and test stations, Keysight is providing updates to certain instruments and Keysight IO Libraries Suite. Keysight also provides a configuration tool called Keysight Secure Instrument Communication (SIC) Expert to configure both instruments and test stations to perform secure communication.
Keysight Secure Instrument Communication system consists of three main elements:
- Keysight instrument that supports SIC
- Keysight IO Libraries Suite (installed on test station)
- Keysight Secure Instrument Communication Expert (SIC Expert)
- Click one or both of the download buttons
- Save one or both of the installers, IO Libraries Suite 2022 or Secure Instrument Communications (SIC) Expert v1.1.19
Run the downloaded installer with Admin Privilege.
- Does Not Require a License
Installs on: PC
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1 / 8
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (64-bit only)
- Windows Server 2016 (64-bit only)
For Secure Instrument Communication (SIC) Expert v1.1.19:
Ensure that the following minimum system requirements are met before you install and run it.
Operating System (64-bit)
Windows 10 64-bit, version 1809 or later
Intel Core i5 (or equivalent)
|2.5 GB free space|
|1280 x 800 pixels|
IO Libraries Suite
|2021 or later|