Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Command Expert 1.5 Release Notes
About Command Expert
Keysight's Command Expert software combines instrument commands, documentation, syntax checking, command execution, and code generation all in one simple interface. Command Expert works with instruments that use Standard Commands for Programmable Instrumentation (SCPI), IVI-C, or IVI-COM drivers.
Command Expert generates a SCPI.NET driver for each SCPI command set you install, for use in Visual Studio applications.
Command Expert Add-ons let you use Command Expert for easy instrument control in Excel, LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python, SystemVue, VEE, and Visual Studio.
New Features and Changes In Command Expert 1.5
- In 2014 Keysight's Electronic Measurement Group became Keysight Technologies. In Command Expert 1.5, installation paths, namespaces, etc. have been updated to reflect our new name. Your sequences and calling programs will continue to work as before.
- MATLAB agXxx functions (agSequenceInfo, agRunSequence, etc.) have been superseded by equivalent ktXxx functions(ktSequenceInfo, ktRunSequence, etc.). The agXxx functions are still available for backwards compatibility.
New Operating Systems / New Development Environments
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Python 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4
- 64-bit Python for all supported Python versions
- MATLAB R2015a and R2015b
- LabVIEW 2015
- See the documentation for a complete list of supported environments
- You can now upgrade your Python installation without reinstalling Command Expert.
- Add Command now adds the new command immediately below the selected command. A new setting (in File > Options) allows you to revert to the previous behavior of adding new commands at the end of the sequence.
- A memory leak in the LabVIEW addon was fixed
- A defect where Excel would no longer ask to save the Workbook before closing was fixed
- Various other defects fixed
To see which SCPI instruments are supported, use the Manage Command Sets dialog box in the Command Expert application, or visit Instruments Supported by Command Expert
Command Expert also lets you control instruments using IVI-COM and IVI-C drivers.
Last Updated: November 21, 2015