Advanced Design System (ADS) 2011.01, ADS 2011.05, and ADS 2011.10 provide the following new capabilities:
ADS 2011.01 includes:
- Multi-Technology Co-Design — the industry's first and only true multi-technology design environment
- High Speed Digital — IBIS-AMI SerDes model simulation and the industry's first Power Integrity solution for heavily perforated power ground planes
- Integrated Electromagnetic Solvers — for faster, more accurate simulations; and a new use model that makes it easier to setup and run 3D planar and full 3D electromagnetic simulations
- New Load Pull Data Controller — from load pull data to design and simulation in a couple of clicks
- New Layout Improvements — layout capacity and performance to handle growing complexity
- Dozens of other improvements — including re-designed icons for layout and command menus, linear simulation speedup, broader data display capability, and improved transmission line models
ADS 2011.05 builds upon the ADS 2011.01 release. In addition to the ADS 2011.01 capabilities listed above, ADS 2011.05 adds:
- Simulation performance improvement for large X-parameter files — A new model reduction feature enables you to improve performance when simulating with X-parameters.
- Printing and PDF output improvements — A number of improvements to printing for Schematic, Layout, and Data Display.
- One-click HSPICE encryption — Simplifies generation of IP-protected IC models.
- GDSII Export — Simplified and automated layer mapping capability.
- Gerber Union Support — For customers who still require W2322 Gerber Union Element in their design flow.
Note: As of ADS 2009 Update 1, Gerber Import was included with W2321 ADS Layout (and E8902). Users should evaluate ADS Gerber Import for suitability to replace Gerber Union.
- Solaris Support — Support for 64-bit versions of Solaris 10.
- Customer Input — Over 160 customer requested improvements and enhancements.
ADS 2011.10 builds upon the ADS 2011.05 release and includes:
- EM Simulation Improvements — Single substrate definition for both FEM and Momentum; Simplified multi-technology definition; 2X speed improvement with new FEM multi-threaded iterative solver
- Circuit Simulation Improvements — 4X improvement to Linear Simulation performance for tuning and sweeps; New updated models; Improved Load Pull DesignGuide
- Design Documentation Notebook — Easier to create and share project documentation including schematics, layout, data displays; Supports PDF and post script format
- Completely Redesigned Help System — Much faster, easier document browsing, expanded content, new application guides
- PCB Import Improvements — Improved ODB++ Import; New Net Explorer simplifies the finding and isolating key nets for EM simulation
- Improvements for High Speed Digital — Redriver/Retimer Models for the HSD Channel Simulator; Faster Via modeling in Momentum; Support for IBIS Series models
ADS 2011 features capabilities that help uncover and resolve integration issues early in the design process, before fabrication of wireless components like power amplifiers and RF front-end modules. It also offers engineers the ability to design multiple RF and microwave integrated circuits (implemented with a variety of technologies), assemble them in a package or on a multilayer laminate, and simulate electrical and 3-D electromagnetic performance – all within a single platform. With ADS 2011, design verification no longer needs to stop at the boundary of a single integrated circuit’s or module’s technology.
Take a look at some of the new ADS 2011 videos on Youtube.
Multi-technology design allows multiple IC’s combined with laminate and packaging PCB to all be designed together. Tradeoffs can be made interactively on the IC, laminate, packaging and print circuit boards being designed or co-designed together. Using ADS 2011, engineers can design individual RF and microwave integrated circuits with different technologies (e.g., GaAs, SiGe, GaN, and Silicon CMOS).
High Speed Digital
Unique capability added for Power Integrity analysis on PCBs and packages with heavily perforated power ground planes. ADS 2011 offers accurate modeling of multi-GHz effects with an easy setup via our SI/PI analysis tool. IBIS-AMI model simulation support for fast, accurate SerDes models for ‘what if…?’ channel simulation. Learn more about Design and Simulation of High Speed Digital.
Integrated Electromagnetic Solvers
Simulate multiple integrated circuits (laminate and package) with Keysight’s industry-leading simulation technology.
- Uncover 3-D electromagnetic interactions of bondwires, solder balls, packages, including traces and spiral inductors on the integrated circuits and laminates
- Updated Momentum solver offers over 4x simulation speed improvement
- New Streamlined EM Setup allows the same setup for Momentum, Momentum RF, & FEM making it easy to try different solvers on the same design
- New Integrated EM Port Viewer/Editor for more efficient port editing and management
- Export layout designs to, and import 3D components from Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro). Learn more about EMPro 3D EM Simulation Software.
New Load Pull Data Controller
The new load pull data controller allows for direct, instant loading of load pull data and can handle multiple files for easier review of data. ADS 2011 users can immediately use data to simulate matching networks making it easier for design optimization, including improved discrete optimization and the automatic interpolation of scattered measurement data.
New Layout Improvements
The unified graphical layer definition allows for a single, unified entry of layer and stackup data. Thus saving time and eliminating errors due to inconsistent entries. ADS 2011’s native physical multi-substrate support makes adding multiple substrates as easy as placing a component and offers unlimited levels of technology stacking (i.e. IC on a module on a PCB).
More on ADS 2011
For a summary of the features and capabilities that have been added or improved upon in this release, refer to Advanced Design System 2011 Updates.
View other ADS Product Versions.
Learn more about Keysight Advanced Design System (ADS)