Streamline Series P924xA USB Oscilloscopes
Compact InfiniiVision 1 GHz Oscilloscope Technology
Keysight is taking USB instrumentation to a whole new level
Keysight Streamline Series USB oscilloscopes
– P9241A USB oscilloscope
– 200 MHz bandwidth
– P9242A USB oscilloscope
– 500 MHz bandwidth
– P9243A USB oscilloscope
– 1 GHz bandwidth
The Keysight Streamline Series P924xA USB oscilloscopes bring the InfiniiVision usability and performance to USB oscilloscopes. Keysight Streamline Series USB oscilloscopes provide maximum investment protection and are built with technology that leverages decades of Keysight’s high-performance oscilloscope expertise.
– 200 MHz, 500 MHz or 1 GHz bandwidths available to match your measurement application
– Advanced triggering enables capture and analysis of complex signals
– Visual triggers (zone touch and mask) make trigger and capture of signal errors quick and easy
– Serial protocol analysis and triggering for most common protocols
– Automated FFT and waveform math extend analysis to match your needs
– Segmented memory can analyze 1000 events without ever offloading to a PC
– Support for a variety of probing solutions
– Differential and single-ended active probes
– High-voltage probes
– 30+ automated measurements provide simple-to-access analysis
Multiple instruments in one
– Oscilloscope support for up to 1 GHz bandwidth with 5 GSa/s
– DVM (Digital voltmeter) 3-digit using the same scope probes
– 8-digit counter for integrated totalizer/frequency counter measurements
– Protocol analyzer for I²C, UART, CAN, LIN, CXPI and more
– Spectrum analysis with FFT and channel power measurements
– 20-MHz arbitrary waveform generator
Uncompromising Analysis Capability
Many USB users have been using digitizer hardware with software that simulates an oscilloscope for test and troubleshoot implementation. The limitations of this configuration are often overlooked, but they can cause signification problems. When a instrument says it has a high waveform update rate, people usually expect it to have a higher probability of catching random and infrequent glitches, but this isn’t the case for those instruments. In addition, common measurements like waveform averaging and advanced waveform triggers are not available.
The Keysight Streamline Series USB oscilloscopes USB oscilloscopes require minimum support from a central processing unit (CPU), as most of their core operations are handled by the MegaZoom IV smart memory ASIC, which is Keysight proprietary technology. MegaZoom includes hardware serial decoders and hardware mask/limit testing capability; supports GUI operation; and integrates additional instruments like a WaveGen function/arbitrary waveform generator.
The P924xA USB oscilloscopes utilize hardware to perform many of the functions traditional digitizers do with software on the CPU. By doing more in hardware, P924xA Series oscilloscopes can analyze more of the signal than ever before.
Key to the oscilloscope operation is that the acquisition does the triggering and most of the analysis utilizing onboard hardware. For example, to accomplish 1million waveforms/ sec, the waveforms are captured and plotted into hardware on the scope and then the waveform is transferred to the PC for display.