Confirm Your Country or Area
- Canada (English)
- Canada (Français)
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong
- Switzerland (French)
- Switzerland (German)
Confirm your country or area to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Produtos + Serviços
Osciloscópios + Analisadores
- Analisadores de Espectro (Analisadores de Sinais)
- Analisadores de Rede
- Analisadores de Sinais Vetoriais
- Analisador Lógico
- Analisadores / Exercitadores de Protocolos
- Soluções de Teste de Taxa de Erro de Bit (BERT)
- Analisadores de Figura de Ruído e Fontes de Ruído
- Sistemas de Aquisição de Dados Multicanal e Digitalizadores de Alta Velocidade
- Analisadores de Potência AC
- Analisador de potência CC
- Analisadores de Sinais Dinâmicos, Teste Mecânico e de Grandezas Físicas
- Analisadores de forma de onda de corrente
- Analisadores de Parâmetros e Dispositivos, Traçadores de Curvas
- Geradores, Fontes + Potência
- Projeto + Software de teste
- Instrumentos Modulares
- Teste de rede
- Segurança da Rede + Visibilidade
- Todos os produtos, softwares e serviços
- Osciloscópios + Analisadores
- Histórias de sucesso
5G New Radio (NR) is a fast-evolving standard designed to cover a broad set of use cases — enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), ultra-reliable low latency communication (URLLC), and massive machine communication (mMTC).
As with prior cellular generations, the protocol layers are being redesigned, and frequency ranges adjusted to permit higher data rates, lower latency, and better efficiency. 5G NR has the potential to dramatically expand the capacity of cellular communications with the introduction of the use of millimeter-wave and beamforming. Operating at higher frequencies (officially named FR2 – for Frequency Range Two), we now must consider non-conductive, over‑the‑air measurements.
In this 5G Boot Camp, you will learn the new paradigms defined by 3GPP Rel 15 and the critical implications for engineers working on components, user equipment (UE), and network infrastructure.
You will learn new approaches to overcome the most significant challenges in both sub-6 GHz and mmWave spectrum via case studies for signal quality, MIMO/beamforming, characterizing the channel, UE testing, multi-domain probing, and test acceleration techniques using the cloud and data analytics.
After completing the 5G Boot Camp, you will leave with valuable insights that will help you prepare for developing and deploying products across the 5G ecosystem.
Dates and Locations
Tuesday, November 13
Hyatt Regency North Dallas
701 E. Campbell Road
Richardson, Texas 75081
Thursday, November 15
Ixia / Keysight Technologies
8310 N Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78731
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
5G NR Technology Overview
10:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m. / Welcome and Introductions
10:05 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Introduction: Technology Overview and Timelines
NR Non-standalone and Standalone
Carrier Aggregation and Bandwidth Adaptation
Numerology & Frame Structure
Waveforms and Modulations
Protocol Structure, Layers, Signals and Channels
Beams, Beamforming and Beam Management
Initial Access Procedure, Example Call Flows
Network Architecture, Deployment Options
12:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. / Lunch
7 Key Measurement Challenges and Case Studies
1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Market Trends, 5G NR Specifications, Implications, and Timing
5G NR Signal Quality
- mmWave, Bandwidth, Phase Noise, C/N, EVM
- Signal Generation and Analysis for UE, gNodeB, and Components
MIMO and Beamforming
Evolution from Cabled to Radiated Requirements
- OTA and CATR Overview
2:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. / Q&A and Break
2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Characterizing the Channel
- Sounding Techniques and Channel Emulation
5G NR Network Emulation and UE testing
- Performance on the Network
Cost of Test, Big Data, Cloud
Field Testing, Drive Test