In order for Windows® XP to activate properly on the E5500 Kontron PC, the latest BIOS must be installed. The files necessary to update the BIOS are provided for users who are able to boot the system into Windows. As an alternative, an .iso is provided which can be used to create to a bootable CD that will automatically update the BIOS.
BIOS Update Utility
- Download: UpdateE5500BIOS.zip
- Unzip UpdateE5500BIOS.zip
- Double-click UpdateBIOS.vbs
- UpdateBIOS.vbs is a visual basic script that will check if a BIOS update is needed and if so, update the BIOS and restart the system.
BIOS Update Bootable CD-ROM
- Download: UpdateE5500BIOS.iso
- Burn UpdateE5500BIOS.iso to a CD-R
- Boot the Kontron PC to the CD-R
- Insert the CD into the PC
- Restart the computer
- At the prompt, press any key to boot to the CD
- The CD will boot into Windows PE environment and automatically launch a script to check the BIOS and update it if necessary
Windows, Windows NT, MS Windows, and Windows Vista are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.