Confirm Your Country or Area
- Canada (English)
- Canada (Français)
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong
- Switzerland (French)
- Switzerland (German)
Confirm your country or area to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Vector Signal Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers + Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers + Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers + Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Dynamic Signal Analyzers, Materials Measurement
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter + Device Analyzers, Curve Tracer
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Design + Test Software
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Success Stories
Take the Express Lane to Design Verification
Simplified, time-efficient testing is essential when you are developing next-generation computer, consumer, or communication devices. The Keysight M8000 Series is a highly integrated bit error ratio (BER) test solution for physical layer characterization, validation, and compliance testing. With support for a wide range of data rates and standards, the M8000 Series provides accurate, reliable results that accelerate your insight into the performance margins of high-speed digital devices.
Shift into high gear with the M8000 Series and take the express lane to design verification.
- Data rates from 8.5 and 64 GBaud for pattern generator and error analyzer
- Pulse amplitude modulation 4 (PAM4) and non-return-to-zero (NRZ) format selectable
- Built-in clock and data recovery and equalization
- Integrated de-emphasis and adjustable intersymbol interference (ISI)
- PCIe and AXIe chassis
- Multichannel applications
8.5 to 64 GBaud
ISI, Clock Recovery, Equalization, De‑emphasis
1 to 10
Find the Model that's Right for You
Already own one of these products? Visit Technical Support
High Performance M8000 Series BERTs
M8000 Support Modules
Add these modules when you need to emulate channel loss or de-emphasize receiver results
Pulse amplitude modulation (PAM)
The 400 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) standards define four-level PAM (PAM4) multilevel signaling as a recommended modulation format to implement serial 400GE data center interfaces. This is an evolution from the two-state NRZ modulation used in 100GE. PAM4 effectively doubles the data rate for a link bandwidth at the expense of reduced signal to noise ratio (SNR).
You require new measurements to characterize impairments that were not an issue in previous NRZ designs. We can help you ensure accurate and repeatable results to accelerate the development of your PAM4 interface components and systems.
Extend the Capabilities of Your M8000 Series BERT
Customize your M8000 Series with additional features and functions. Our selection of software, accessories, and services ensures you will make the most accurate measurements possible. These are available for purchase with the instrument or anytime thereafter. With Keysight, you'll always have the latest capabilities.
Most Popular Resources for the M8000 Series
Explore our ever-expanding selection of resources to help you make more accurate measurements, ultimately leading to better designs.