- Aerospace and Defense
- Electronics test
- High-energy Physics
- 5 slots for AXIe instrument modules
- Embedded AXIe system module
- High Power, up to 300W Cooling per slot
- Optional GPS synchronization and time stamping
- Optional integrated backside controller for digitizers (M9506A-BC1), enabling secure SCPI over LAN functionality
- Configurable, dual-port Gen 3 PCIe interface for connecting the chassis to an external controller and/or interconnecting multiple chassis (up to 16 GB/s data rate depending on configuration)
- Gen 3 PCIe x16 links to each module slot (maximum 16 GB/s data rate)
- ThunderboltTM 3 interface provides an alternative connection to a Thunderbolt-equipped laptop or desktop computer
The Keysight M9506A is a high-performance AXIe chassis and is the best choice for demanding, modular applications. The chassis is compliant with the AXIe 1.0 Rev 3.0 Wide-AXIe specification. It provides 5 slots for AXIe instrument modules, up to 300 watts per slot, and includes an embedded system module that does not take up an instrument slot. The embedded system module (ESM) provides a Gen 3 x8/x16 PCIe® interfaces for connecting the chassis to an external controller or expanding the system using multiple chassis. To minimize rack space, the instrument module slots are arranged horizontally. The chassis is the quietest AXIe chassis available with its new cooling design.
The M9506A-BC1 options adds a closed, instrument-grade, Linux-based controller to the back of the M9506A chassis. It was developed to enhance security for high channel count digitizer applications, bringing the ease of use of traditional benchtop together with the benefits of a modular platform. A simple LAN connection gives you easy SCPI based control of many channels in a small space.
The M9506A-GPS option adds GPS synchronization ability along with an external antenna port on the front panel. It provides an accurate 1 PPS output and the 10/100 MHz reference can be locked to this clock. The PPS signal can be propagated to trigger I/O and trigger events can be timestamped. Other GPS information is also provided including latitude, longitude, and altitude.
Interested in a M9506A?
Extend the Capabilities for your AXIe High-Performance 5-Slot Chassis
Reference Guides 2010.12.04
Resolve PXIe and AXIe Chassis Communication Problems
Technical Overviews 2021.04.30
Tested PC and PXI/AXIe Chassis Configurations
Data Sheets 2020.11.01
M9506A High-Performance, 5-slot AXIe Chassis
View All Resources
M9505A AXIe 5-Slot Chassis
M9502A AXIe 2-Slot Chassis
M9537A AXIe High Performance Embedded Controller: 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, 8 GB