What are you looking for?
Already own a BERT?
Trade-in your current BERT or a competitor's model and get credit up to 35% towards a new BERT
- Symbol rates from 2 to 120 GBd
- Support for non-return-to-zero (NRZ), PAM3, PAM4, PAM6, and PAM8 line coding
- Built-in seven tap de-emphasis for improved channel loss compensation
- Transition time at < 5 ps and < 100 fs root mean square (RMS) intrinsic random jitter
- Jitter injection integrated and calibrated for receiver tolerance testing RJ, PJ1, PJ2, BUJ, sRJ, clk / 2
- Error Analysis up to 64 Gbaud PAM4 in real-time with integrated clock recovery and powerful equalization
- Flexible solution with software license upgradeable functionality
The M8050A helps engineers design and characterize chips, devices, transceiver modules, sub-components, boards, and systems. Quickly test serial I/O ports operating at data rates up to 120 GBd across the server, computing, data center, and communication industries. Combining the M8050A BERT with a Keysight UXR-Series 80 GHz oscilloscope gives you a full 1.6T receiver and transmitter test solution to assess your Ethernet systems.
The Custom Power Behind Our Instruments
Pushing the boundaries of technology requires instantaneous bandwidth, spurious-free dynamic range, and signal fidelity beyond basic measurements. Keysight powers every performance product with custom MMICs, designed in-house, manufactured in our proprietary indium phosphide (InP) and gallium arsenide (GaAs) fab with custom ASIC signal processing that ensure the industry’s fastest, most reliable measurements. Count on Keysight to accelerate your next innovation. In our high-performance BERTs and AWGs, Keysight semiconductors enable speed, bandwidth, and flexibility for terabit transmission systems, resulting in excellent eye diagrams.
SD7150A 1.6T Receiver and Transmitter Test Solution
This new solution bundle for characterizing 1.6T receivers and transmitter includes the M8050A pattern generator up to 120 GBd PAM4 and a 80 GHz UXR. For analyzing errors above 58 Gbd, the Infiniium UXR realtime oscilloscope can be controlled by the M8000 system software. The UXR can be used for measuring the transmitter output performance as well as acquisition hardware for error analysis when controlled by M8070B.
- BER measurements up to 120GBd with long PRBS31Q, QPRBS13, etc.
- Digital equalization and flexible clock recovery settings
- Supports NRZ, PAM4, PAM6, PAM8
- Superior input sensitivity and low noise
Interested in a M8050A?
Extend the Capabilities for Your 120 GBd High-performance BERT
Featured Resources for M8050A 120 GBd High-performance BERT
Data Sheets 2023.03.14
M8091CKCA,Electrical receiver conformance test application for IEEE 802.3ck
Configuration Guides 2023.05.04
M8050A High-Performance BERT, 120 GBaud
White Papers 2022.12.19
Advanced Modulation and Coding Challenges
White Papers 2017.11.30
How Signal Equalization Works for Different Systems
Application Notes 2020.01.28
Error Analysis of PAM4 Signals
User Manuals 2019.08.31
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions - Tips for Preventing Damage
Go to Market with 400G
View All Resources
M8020A J-BERT High-Performance BERTs
N4891A 400GBASE FEC-aware Receiver Test Solution