What are you looking for?
- Setup, configure and re-configure visibility easily with Keysight's drag-and-drop interface that has a natural network to security and monitoring tools layout.
- Simplify logic with three-stages of filtering: ingress, dynamic and egress; naturally providing a built-in capability for AND/OR logic, and simplifying configuration of complex boolean filtering rules.
- Let dynamic filter compiler technology automatically resolve rules when configuring and re-configuring, so you do not risk inadvertently dropping packets.
- Use source port labeling (VLAN tagging) to track network traffic.
- Aggregate, replicate and load-balance your network traffic for monitoring.
A Next-Gen Packet Broker
Vision Edge OS is Keysight's market leading visibility software that powers its Vision portfolio of network packet brokers including the turnkey Vision ONE, Vision 7300, and Vision Edge 40 and 100. The modular operating software has now been extended to a open switch hardware by abstracting software from the underlying hardware.
Now enterprises, telcos and cloud service providers have the flexibility to expand their network visibility with their software defined data centers by using Vision Edge OS with open switches. Organizations are able to use production switches as NPBs, allowing them to leverage economies of scale and control costs, enabling the efficiency of a SDDC.
NPBs aggregate, filter and load-balance network packet data to seamlessly and efficiently deliver that packet data to security, forensics and performance management tools. Keysight's Vision Edge OS software transforms open switches into NPBs, providing rack and data center visibility. It offers complete access for real-time visibility, insight, and security into high density hyperscale, microscale and SDDC networks, even as they expand.
Easy, Flexible Deployment
Vision Edge OS on an open switch can be used as an NPB at multiple tiers within a network architecture. With its filtering capabilities, it can easily be used at the edge, to receive and filter network data. Additionally, with the aggregation and load-balancing capabilities, it can be applied in a multi-tier architecture, to route traffic as well.
Moreover Vision Edge OS is compatible with Keysight's network packet brokers, to provide seamless, rack to data center-level visibility.
Access to Advanced Features
Open switches running Vision Edge OS can seamlessly integrate with Keysight's turnkey Vision ONE and Vision 7300 network packet brokers. With this capability, advanced visibility intelligence capabilities can be leveraged:
- PacketStack — Deduplication, header stripping, packet trimming, timestamping, data masking and burst protection
- SecureStack — Active SSL decryption and encryption, passive SSL decryption and data masking plus
- AppStack — Application identification, geo-location and tagging, IxFlow (NetFlow + metadata), PCAP
A Complete Solution
With Vision Edge OS, open switches, Vision network packet brokers, as well as Keysight taps and bypass switches, organizations can create a complete visibility architecture for their software defined data centers to ensure they see all packet data, that security and monitoring tools have access to the right data, and all with a cost-effective, flexible solution.
"New approaches for pervasive network visibility in web scale and software-defined data centers are enabling cloud service providers, telecom service providers, and enterprises to gain deeper, valuable insights into network services using increasingly cost-effective and flexible approaches. Edgecore is pleased to collaborate with Keysight, to enable customers to benefit from Keysight's Vision Edge OS on Edgecore's open networking switches, as a feature-rich and powerful visibility platform for these modern disaggregated cloud and telecom infrastructures."
Jeff Catlin, VP Technology, Edgecore Networks