The Keysight 10721A Two Axis Differential Interferometer, when used in multiple axis applications, simultaneously makes two differential measurements – linear and angular (yaw) displacement. Both measurements reference external mirror mounted to an object such as a column or inspection tool. The 10721A provides high immunity to unwanted interferometer displacement, such as thermal expansion. It is a modular, compact design with monolithic optics for maximized mechanical stability. Use of a small 3 mm beam helps decrease Abbé offset error. The 10721A is similar to the 10719A Single Axis Differential Interferometer, except that it provides an additional measurement axis.
The 10721A includes a shear plate to create parallel beam paths, two retroreflectors to manipulate the beam paths, and two quarter wave plates.
The user must supply both the reference and measurement mirrors.
See the 10719A for single axis differential measurements.
- Application: 2 differential linear or 2 angular measurements
- Distinguishing Feature: 2-axis differential
- # of Axis: 2
- Maximum Beam Size: 3 mm
- Beam Separation: see specs
- Weight: 300 g (10.6 oz)
- Fundamental Optical Resolution: λ/4 (158.2 nm, 6.2 µin), 2.56 arcsec (12.4 µrad)
- System Resolution: λ/128 (5 nm, 0.2 µin), 0.08 arcsec (0.39 µrad) based on using 32x electronic resolution extension
- System Resolution: λ/1024 (0.62 nm, 0.024 µin), 0.01 arcsec (0.05 µrad) based on using 256x electronic resolution extension
- Reflector: custom
- Mount Used: custom
- Referenced: Yes
- Turned Configuration: No
Learn more about Laser Interferometer Position Measurement Systems
Interested in a 10721A?
Extend the capabilities for your Two Axis Differential Interferometer
Featured Resources for 10721A Two Axis Differential Interferometer
Technical Overviews 2017.11.30
Optics and Laser Heads for Laser-Interferometer Positioning Systems
Product Fact Sheets 2014.08.01
Laser Interferometer Measurement Optics
View All Resources