What are you looking for?
The Keysight product portfolio meets the maximum concentration values (MCVs) for the 10 substances of the European Union (EU) Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive 2011/65/EU, including the delegated directive EU 2015/863 that added 4 phthalates, and the United Kingdom (UK) RoHS Regulation 2012 No. 3032, with compliance proven per the harmonized standard EN IEC 63000:2018. Exemptions as applicable for Category 9 Monitoring and Control - Industrial may be applied. Keysight is committed to meeting customer demands for high reliability and we expect that our contract manufacturers (CMs) and direct material suppliers provide compliant and reliable materials.
- Keysight uses RoHS compliant materials for our products. New products are designed for compliance and many older products were converted
- Keysight's general material restrictions are available at General Specification for the Environment and apply to all direct material purchases
- The Keysight Supplemental Specification for RoHS describes the requirements for RoHS compliance, both for items that we purchase and the manufacturing and inventory processes to make those items. This document will typically be specified on a drawing, specification document or included in the data package for the item
- Keysight requests material declarations for all purchased items used to manufacture Keysight products. Follow declaration requirements at Materials Declaration
- MCVs for restricted substances:
- Cadmium, Cd (0.01%)
- Lead, Pb (0.1%)
- Mercury, Hg (0.1%)
- Hexavalent Chromium, Cr6+ (0.1%)
- Polybrominated biphenyls, PBB (0.1%)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers, PBDE (0.1%)
- Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate, DEHP (0.1%)
- Benzyl butyl phthalate, BBP (0.1%)
- Dibutyl phthalate, DBP (0.1%)
- Diisobutyl phthalate, DIBP (0.1%)
Requirements for Keysight's Suppliers
Keysight products meet restrictions on the 10 substances in the EU and UK RoHS directives, with exemptions as applicable for Category 9 Industrial. It is Keysight’s obligation to ensure our suppliers’ materials are compliant.
Detailed requirements are in the Keysight Supplemental Specification for RoHS. In brief:
- Suppliers should have a RoHS Policy or Statement
- Suppliers shall ensure their materials are RoHS compliant
- Suppliers shall ensure their inventory and manufacturing processes produce RoHS compliant items
- Changes in RoHS compliance shall be communicated. Keysight expects unique part numbers for RoHS compliant components
- Suppliers shall communicate these requirements to their sub-tier suppliers and external providers
Communication of changes:
All component changes, including those related to RoHS compliance must be submitted to PCN@keysight.com for Keysight approval.
- All product/component changes must be documented and reported per the requirements of EIA/JEDEC JESD46-C (Product Change Notification). All product/component discontinuances must be documented and reported per EIA/JEDEC JESD48-B (Product Discontinuance)
- Any changes related to RoHS should be considered major changes. A different manufacturers part number (MPN) is expected
- Please include technical details regarding the change, including reliability testing data and failure mitigation information that will assist Keysight with approving the change
- Please provide a copy of your PCN@keysight.com submittal to the contact that manages the procurement of material from you on behalf of Keysight
- If you are a Contract Manufacturer and find a discrepancy between Keysight's approved manufacturers list (AML) and the supplier's manufacturer’s part number (MPN), please notify Keysight with a message sent to PCN@keysight.com. If you have a discrepancy that is a potential part shortage which may put your next shipment(s) at risk, notify your Keysight contact immediately