5G Channel Sounding, Reference Solution
The 802.11ax manufacturing test solutions provide software that fully supports required 802.11ax test parameters, from SISO to 8x8 MIMO test. With the N7617B Signal Studio for WLAN, users can generate waveforms for all HE PPDU formats, with flexible resource unit (RU) configurations for multi-user OFDMA, long OFDM symbols for extended range PPDU, and dual carrier modulation (DCM). The Y9077B allows unlimited playback of Signal Studio WLAN waveform files, and the analysis software provides automatic demodulation of single and multi-user signals, displaying results for each user’s RU allocation. System software is available to enable configuration of source and analyzer parameters in a unified user interface, making it easier to set up MIMO measurements.
The M9421A VXT combines a vector signal generator and signal analyzer in a single PXIe module, covering 60 MHz to 6 GHz frequency with up to 160 MHz bandwidth. Up to four channels can be supported in one PXIe chassis, and two chassis can be synchronized to support 8x8 MIMO test. The VXT provides the necessary EVM performance to meet the stringent requirements for testing 1024QAM modulation quality for validating chipsets, power amplifiers, and WLAN devices.
The E6640A EXM offers a more economical solution, with up to four TRX modules in one chassis, covering 380 MHz to 3.8 or 6 GHz, with up to 160 MHz bandwidth. Each module includes a vector signal generator and analyzer, with two full-duplex and two half-duplex or four full-duplex ports.
Both the VXT and EXM can be used with a variety of other Signal Studio and X-series measurement applications to test other wireless technologies such as 2G/3G/4G cellular and Bluetooth, enabling testing of multi-format devices with the same hardware platform.
For more information about 802.11 ax devices, please visit 802.11 ax solutions for MIMO, manufacturing, and BBIQ test
Multi-device or MIMO testing
- Up to four TRX modules in one chassis with the E6640A EXM, or eight M9421A VXT modules in two chassis
- Independent source and analyzer in each module
- Connect up to 32 DUTs with multi-port adapter (MPA) technology with the EXM
Choose the performance you need
- Receiver EVM for 80 MHz 802.11ax at 5.8 GHz: EXM offers < -47 dB (typical), VXT offers < -49 dB (nominal)
- Source EVM for 80 MHz 802.11ax at 5.8 GHz: EXM offers < -40 dB (typical), VXT offers < -50 dB (nominal)
- Maximum output power (CW): EXM offers +15 dBm, VXT offers +20 dBm
Software for manufacturing test
- Y9077B WLAN Measurement and Waveform Application enables playback of waveform files created with the N7617B Signal Studio for WLAN software and modulation analysis of 802.11a/b/g/n/j/p/ac/ah/ax formats
- Software supports creation and analysis of signals for single and multi-user 802.11ax for both downlink and uplink, including OFDMA and MU-MIMO
- Detailed MIMO measurement results per stream and per channel, including peak and RMS EVM, IQ impairments, frequency error, and more
- System software simplifies configuration of both source and analyzer for complex MIMO measurements
- Compatible with some chipset vendor software tools
Extend the capabilities for your 802.11ax Manufacturing Test Solutions
Featured resources for the 802.11ax Manufacturing Test Solutions
E6640A Wireless Test Set
M9421A VXT PXIe Vector Transceiver