What are you looking for?
The 802.11ax test solution combines multi-channel test instruments with ready-to-use software that supports required 802.11ax test parameters, from SISO to 8x8 MIMO, across R&D, design verification, and manufacturing test. Users can generate waveforms for all HE PPDU formats with flexible resource unit (RU) configurations for multi-user OFDMA, long OFDM symbols for extended range PPDU, and dual carrier modulation (DCM). The analysis software provides automatic demodulation of single and multi-user signals, displaying results for each user’s RU allocation. The 802.11ax system software simplifies the configuration of both source and analyzer for complex MIMO measurements. The system is also compatible with some chipset vendor software tools.
The test solution includes M9421A VXT PXIe Vector Transceivers — a vector signal generator and signal analyzer in a single PXIe module covering 60 MHz to 6 GHz frequency with up to 160 MHz bandwidth. It supports up to 4 channels in one PXIe chassis and 8x8 MIMO in two synchronized chassis. The VXT provides the necessary EVM performance to meet the stringent requirements for testing 1024QAM modulation quality for validating chipsets, power amplifiers, and WLAN devices. Additional components can be added to the system to configure it for performing regulatory tests, including blocking, co-existence, and adaptive testing for WLAN devices.
Up to 8x8 MIMO testing for design validation
- Supports 8x8 MIMO with M9421A VXT PXIe Vector Transceiver modules in two chassis
- Independent source and analyzer in each module
Meets stringent EVM test requirements
- -50 dB source performance for chipset and PA characterization
- Better than -48 dB performance for 8x8 device validation, even across eight parallel streams
- Performance applies for source power levels up to +5 dBm across a dynamic range of over 25 dB
802.11ax WLAN signal generation and analysis software
- N7617B PathWave Signal Generation (Signal Studio) for WLAN for signal creation
- PathWave Vector Signal Analysis software (89600 VSA) 89601B option BHX, N9077A, or Y9077B software for flexible modulation analysis supporting all 802.11ax PHY features and automatic demodulation of all PPDU formats, up to 8x8 MIMO (4x4 with 89601B)
- Software supports creation and analysis of signals for single and multi-user 802.11ax for both downlink and uplink, including OFDMA and MU-MIMO
- Generate trigger frame, analyze uplink HE-Trigger Based-PPDU with automatic demodulation and EVM measurement of single RU, and in-band emissions trace with EVM of unoccupied subcarriers
Featured Resources for the 802.11ax MIMO Test Solution
Related Products & Solutions
802.11ax Analog Baseband IQ Test Solution
802.11ax Manufacturing Test Solutions