What are you looking for?
The Need for Realtime Monitoring
Rapidly detecting degradation in the quality of data feeds is a considerable challenge for any market participants who use or transport real-time market feeds. Market data transport technology is primarily based around the use of multicast, which does not have any error correcting mechanisms at the network layer. This means that any packets containing key trade data that have been lost cannot be detected until they are passed through a feed handler system at the end user site.
Don't suffer from missing, duplicate or out-of-sequence market feed data – gap detection identifies problems automatically and forwards alerts to your monitoring tools and systems for quick resolution. Each market feed data packet includes a sequence number that can be used to figure out if market feed data arrives in order without gaps or duplication.
- High capacity with thousands of multicast channels monitored
- Detects gap events including missing, duplicate and out-of-order packets
- Notifies downstream management systems of gap events via TradeStream, Syslog or SNMP messages
- Prevents flooding of management systems by rate limiting gap events with auto-reset capabilities to resume normal operation automatically
Feed and Channel Health
Ensuring health of your critical market feed data streams is critical for your business. Feed and channel health detects the lack of traffic on market data feeds so that network operations staff can address immediately without having to wait to be alerted by application IT staff.
- Detects lack of traffic – either at a Channel or Feed level
High Resolution Traffic Statistics
Improve capacity planning by streaming market feed metadata to analysis tools where network engineers can build up historical traffic patterns utilizing a diverse set of market feed data statistics, including traffic group, gap events and channel statistics.
- Capable down to 0.1 microsecond resolution
Don't suffer from unexpected data bursts within your market feed data – microburst detection identifies problems automatically and forwards alerts to your monitoring tools and systems for quick resolution. When traffic bursts occur in multiple multicast feeds at the same time, their collective bandwidth can overwhelm network management tools. Microburst detection solves this problem by monitoring traffic for a group of market feed channels and generating alerts when the total volume over a period exceeds a user-defined burst threshold. This monitoring process also provides awareness into data path issues and is helpful in identifying potential capacity issues in a network.
Microburst detection allows flexible user configuration with the ability to set:
- Sends alerts via SNMP or SysLog
- User-defined burst thresholds
- Groups of market feed channels to monitor (Traffic group)
- Sample intervals from 100 microseconds to 1000 milliseconds
Subscription for Feed Updates
Have confidence that when changes to feeds or channels occur, your monitoring platform stays up-to-date. Knowledge of over 15,000 unique channels is kept up-to-date within a specialized DTSP (Decoder Trading Subscription Packet) resource file. When financial markets add or modify their feeds or channels, decoders in the DTSP file is updated accordingly. Subscription for feed updates provide regularly updated DTSP resource files that can be downloaded and installed, keeping you aware of new feeds and channels as well as changes to existing ones.
- Manages changes to over 15,000+ pre-programmed Exchange addresses
- Easy to update decoder with new decoder issued every 1–2 months (not tied to firmware releases)
Simplified Feed Management
Remove the hassle from configuring, analyzing and managing your market feed data. TradeStack provides many robust capabilities to keep you aware and ready to respond to problems without the management overhead that most solutions require. Remove headaches and human error when it comes to configuring your market feed monitoring. TradeStack auto-populates the multicast IP address and a port pair of feed channels, so you don't have to look anything up. Debugging problems is much easier when you have the right tools for the job. TradeStack details all events with accurate time stamps and provides a robust syslog viewer which quickly finds events of interest. Why waste time with CLI's, TradeStack's interface is all GUI based, meaning you merely need to point-and-click to set up forwarding rules to your tools.
- Over 15,000 pre-programmed Exchange addresses
- Robust syslog viewer allows simple interface for quick search and filter for events of interest
- Simple selection of parents, venues, feeds, and channels via point-and-click channel trees
Comparison TradeVision vs TradeView
Market Feed Monitoring Capacity
Max Number of Multicast Channels Monitored
Feed and Channel Health
Detects lack of Traffic
Network Packet Broker Supporting TradeStack
Find Your Platform
Protect Your Investment
White Papers 2022.10.18
Important Network Visibility Use Cases for the Financial Industry
White Papers 2020.03.26
Understanding Latency and Its Impact on Trading Profitability
White Papers 2022.08.22
Digital Banking and Financial Network Solutions
View All Resources