Repeatable and Accurate Results with M8040A
The M8040A high-performance BERT provides clean NRZ and PAM4 signals up to 64 Gbaud with fast transitions and low intrinsic jitter. The remote head concept of M8040A with the short 1.85 mm cables brings the performance close to the device under test, minimizing signal degradations caused by lossy channels.
- data rates from 2 to 64 Gbaud PAM4 signal
- true PAM4 error detection in real-time up to 58 Gbaud
- built-in de-emphasis, analyzer equalization, and clock recovery
- integrated and calibrated jitter injection: RJ, PJ1, PJ2, SJ, BUJ, and clk / 2 jitter
- two pattern generator channels per module to emulate aggressor lane
- interactive link training and SKP OS filtering for 8 / 16 / 32 / 64 GT/s PCI Express®
- algorithmic PRBS, QPRBS, and memory-based patterns, pattern sequencer
- for PAM4, gray coding, FEC encoding, and precoder and error distribution analysis
- all options and modules are upgradeable
- offers true error analysis and provides repeatable and accurate results, optimizing the performance margins of your devices
The M8040A is designed for research and development engineers and test engineers who characterize chips, devices, transceiver modules and sub-components, boards, and systems with serial I/O ports operating with data rates up to 32 Gbaud and 64 Gbaud in the server, computing, data center, and communications industry.
The M8040A can be used for receiver (input) testing for many popular interconnect standards that use PAM4 and NRZ data formats such as: PCIe 6.0 / 5.0 / 4.0, TBT3, 400 GbE, 50 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 GbE, OIF CEI-56G, and CEI-112G, 64G/112G Fibre Channel, Infiniband-HDR, and proprietary interfaces for chip-to-chip, chip-to-module, backplanes, repeaters, and active optical cables.
The pattern generator of the M8040A Gbaud BERT provides a clean 32 and 26.5625 Gbaud PAM4 output signal.
Interested in a M8040A?
Extend the Capabilities for Your 64 Gbaud High-performance BERT
Featured Resources for M8040A 64 Gbaud High-performance BERT
White Papers 2021.07.20
Advanced Modulation and Coding Challenges
White Papers 2017.11.30
How Signal Equalization Works for Different Systems
Application Notes 2020.01.28
Error Analysis of PAM4 Signals
Go to Market with 400G
Programming Guides 2018.07.31
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions - Programming Guide (Part No. M8020-91040)
Programming Guides 2022.03.31
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions Programming Guide
User Manuals 2019.08.31
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions - Tips for Preventing Damage
User Manuals 2018.07.31
M8000 Series of BER Test Solutions - User Guide (Part No. M8020-91030)
View All Resources
M8020A J-BERT High-Performance BERTs
N4891A 400GBASE FEC-aware Receiver Test Solution