The Keysight 10736A Three Axis Interferometer is used in multiple axis applications where linear and angular control of the stage is required. It combines in a single package the functionality of an optical bench with multiple beam benders, beam splitters, and three interferometers. The interferometers split an incoming laser beam into three beams to measure linear distance, pitch and yaw, or linear distance, roll and yaw. Three linear measurements provide the basis for calculating two angular measurements. The inherent beam parallelism ensures that there is essentially no cosine error between the three measurements and also ensures angle accuracy for pitch and yaw measurements. Other characteristics include:
- High performance package saves setup time and improves system performance
- Simple multi-axis installation
- High angular resolution for better control
- Wide angle range
- Monolithic optics for maximized mechanical stability
- Pre-aligned fiber optic remote receiver mounting
- Referenced optics
The 10736A includes two shear plates to create 3 parallel beam paths, three cube corners, one reference mirror and two quarter wave plates.
The 10736A Option 001 bends one measurement axis.
The 10736A and 10735A are identical except for the measurement beam patterns.
- Application: 3 linear plane mirror measurements (displacement on X-axis, yaw on Z-axis and pitch on Y-axis)
- Distinguishing Feature: 1 linear and 2 angular plane mirror measurements
- # of Axis: 3
- Maximum Beam Size: 9 mm
- Beam Separation: see specs
- Weight: 5.5 kg (12 lb 2.4 oz)
- Fundamental Optical Resolution: λ/4 (158.2 nm, 6.2 µin)
- System Resolution: displacement λ/128 (5 nm, 0.2 µin), yaw 0.039 arcsec (0.19 µrad), pitch 0.049 arcsec (0.24 µrad) based on using 32x electronic resolution extension
- System Resolution: displacement λ/1024 (0.62 nm, 0.024 µin), yaw 0.0049 arcsec (0.024 µrad), pitch 0.0061 arcsec (0.029 µrad) based on using 256x electronic resolution extension
- System Resolution: displacement λ/4096 (0.15 nm, 0.006 µin), yaw 0.0012 arcsec (0.006 µrad), pitch 0.0015 arcsec (0.007 µrad) based on using 1024x electronic resolution extension
- Reflector: 10728A
- Mount Used: custom
- Referenced: Yes
- Turned Configuration: Yes. Requires Option 001
Learn more about Laser Interferometer Position Measurement Systems
Interested in a 10736A?
Extend The Capabilities For Your Three Axis Interferometer
Technical Overviews 2017.11.30
Optics and Laser Heads for Laser-Interferometer Positioning Systems
Product Fact Sheets 2014.08.01
Laser Interferometer Measurement Optics