- Full suite of DisplayPort High speed lanes Physical Layer tests.
- AUX Channel Phy Layer testing.
- Multiple standard support: DP1.4 and DPoC.
- Full control of the USB Type C interface for power delivery and Alternate mode control
- Easy to follow user interface to support the complex measurements and setups required.
- Automation Support for all required equipment.
- Configurability of test parameters to support debug and characterization tasks.
- Switch solution for automated multi-lane testing.
- Use the N5467B user defined application tool (www.keysight.com/find/uda) to:
- Create and fully integrate custom tests, configuration variables and connection instructions
- Insert external application calls into the run sequence, such as MATLAB scripts or your device controller
- Configure additional external instruments used in your test suite
The Keysight U7232E DisplayPort Electrical Performance Validation and Compliance software sets the benchmark for ease-of-use and offers complete testing without compromise. The software guides the user sequentially through the tasks ensuring minimal setup error, executes the tests specified by latest DisplayPort standard compliance test specification, or the new DPoC compliance test specification (USB Type C alternate mode), and conveys the test information through a convenient software-generated report. Included in the test suite selection are DisplayPort 1.4 Standard, DisplayPort over Type C, DisplayPort 1.2b, AUX Channel tests, and inrush current. To make the test signal connection, a breakout fixture called a test point adapter dependent on the connector type is required: for standard DisplayPort connectors, Keysight recommends Wilder Technologies DP-TPA-P and For USB Type-C connectors, the recommended test point adapter is the Keysight N7015A test fixture. The graphical user interface allows the user to select the test resources used such as the test point adapters and other test equipment (such as Power Supply, Type C Test Controller and Reference Sink) and assign and activate for full automation.
The newly added Type C Environment features enable:
- PDO assignments, either consumer or provider, to 100 Watts
- Characterization testing using multiple PDOs and/or both orientations (flipped vs normal)
- DisplayPort alternate mode control (4 lane or 2 lane with USB3.1)
- Control of Keysight power supply/load (N6701C with N6786A module) or fixed supply set by user.
- Ability to select de-embedding extent for tests: none, partial (cable only), and full connection from test device (cable and test point adapter)
For full automated testing, the user may choose to use four differential probe selection or use a less expensive switching configuration. The automated switching solution also provides users the ability to:
- Eliminate reconnections (and errors) – Simplifies testing and saves time by automating tests for each lane of a multilane bus.
- Maintain accuracy – Engineers can use Keysight’s unique N2809A PrecisionProbe or N5465A InfiniiSim to compensate switch path losses and skew.
- Customize testing – The test application can be extended with a remote programming hooks interface and the N5467A user-defined application (N5467A) for device control, equipment control and test customization or scripting.
To learn more about Keysight’s automated switching solution, visit www.keysight.com/find/switching.