Most Efficient and Flexible Family of Board Test System
“Massively parallel computation cores enable modern computers to deliver breakthrough performance. The i7090 board test system brings a similar capability into printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) manufacturing test and programming,” said Christopher Cain, vice president of Keysight Technologies Electronic Industrial Products. “The i7090 has an innovative modular architecture that delivers breakthrough throughput in a small footprint. It is infused with state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 automation and analytics to deliver unparalleled capability that can be optimized for a broad variety of high-volume PCBA manufacturing challenges.”
In Circuit Board Tester for High Quality PCBA Testing
With current in-circuit tester on the market only support up to 4 cores in parallel, PCBA test engineers need to test and purchase more systems to meet manufacturing demands, which incurs scaling and infrastructure costs, a bigger footprint and additional labor for support and maintenance.
Keysight’s i7090 new massively parallel board test system supports up to 20 In-Circuit Test cores in parallel with PCI eXtensions for Instrumentation (PXI) based in-circuit test capability. Therefore, core configuration is variable and not confined to a fixed number of rows, which reduces overall computing costs. To expand functionality, Keysight OpenTAP support enables open platforms for the integration of hardware. As needed and with extensible instrumentation and pin cards, users can easily scale resources.
New i7090 Features and Benefits:
• 20 parallel cores deliver flexible scalability and configuration, as well as the ability to perform tests on multiple Unit Under Tests (UUTs).
• A small system footprint, 600 mm in width, saves space and cycle time.
• High to ultra high-volume manufacturing reduces system investment and supports production test times as needed.
• Includes unpowered and vectorless test extended performance (nanoVTEP) technologies for component test to gain the benefits of faster test throughput, lower cost fixtures and higher fault coverage.
• Instrument integration with Keysight OpenTAP software, within the same platform, for efficient functional test measurements and PXI support for Keysight and 3rd party instruments.
• Supports multi-platform hardware in a standard 48 cm rack for functional integration.
• Programming function integration provides in-system programming with 160 channels in parallel, increasing system throughput.
i7090 is infused with state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 automation and analytics to deliver unparalleled capability that can be optimized for a broad variety of high-volume PCB assembly manufacturing challenges.
Max Node Count
Max Parallel Core Count
600 x 1480 x 1980
Max no. of Programming Channel
LACROIX Electronics is a specialist in the design and production of
electronic assemblies and sub-assemblies. Let’s
watch this video testimonial about how their Test Engineering Corporate Manager
has managed to reduce
cost and improve throughput using the massively parallel board test
In the ever-changing PCBA industry, a conventional test system may not be sufficient these days as some of the challenges required a scalable approach to support different configurations.
We are delighted to invite you to join us in this webinar to learn how you can benefit from the i7090 system, the world’s first massively parallel board test system.
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- The type of challenges you may encounter with the parallel PCBA test in a high-volume environment.
- The approach you can use to increase the PCBA test throughput while reducing the cost
- The myths of lowering the cost of tests and how to achieve this in your manufacturing environment.
Extend the Capabilities for your i7090 Massively Parallel Board Test System
i7090 Board Test System Featured Resources
Application Notes 2021.08.04
Bypass Link Conveyor Built-in i7090 and i3070 In-Circuit Inline Tester
Data Sheets 2021.03.01
i7090 Massively Parallel Board Test System