Most Efficient and Flexible Family of Board Test System
“Massively parallel computation cores enable modern computers to deliver breakthrough performance. The i7090 board test system brings a similar capability into printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) manufacturing test and programming,” said Christopher Cain, vice president of Keysight Technologies Electronic Industrial Products. “The i7090 has an innovative modular architecture that delivers breakthrough throughput in a small footprint. It is infused with state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 automation and analytics to deliver unparalleled capability that can be optimized for a broad variety of high-volume PCBA manufacturing challenges.”
In Circuit Board Tester for High Quality PCBA Testing
With current in-circuit tester on the market only support up to 4 cores in parallel, PCBA test engineers need to test and purchase more systems to meet manufacturing demands, which incurs scaling and infrastructure costs, a bigger footprint and additional labor for support and maintenance.
Keysight’s i7090 new massively parallel board test system supports up to 20 In-Circuit Test cores in parallel with PCI eXtensions for Instrumentation (PXI) based in-circuit test capability. Therefore, core configuration is variable and not confined to a fixed number of rows, which reduces overall computing costs. To expand functionality, Keysight OpenTAP support enables open platforms for the integration of hardware. As needed and with extensible instrumentation and pin cards, users can easily scale resources.
New i7090 Features and Benefits:
• 20 parallel cores deliver flexible scalability and configuration, as well as the ability to perform tests on multiple Unit Under Tests (UUTs).
• A small system footprint, 600 mm in width, saves space and cycle time.
• High to ultra high-volume manufacturing reduces system investment and supports production test times as needed.
• Includes unpowered and vectorless test extended performance (nanoVTEP) technologies for component test to gain the benefits of faster test throughput, lower cost fixtures and higher fault coverage.
• Instrument integration with Keysight OpenTAP software, within the same platform, for efficient functional test measurements and PXI support for Keysight and 3rd party instruments.
• Supports multi-platform hardware in a standard 48 cm rack for functional integration.
• Programming function integration provides in-system programming with 160 channels in parallel, increasing system throughput.
i7090 is infused with state-of-the-art Industry 4.0 automation and analytics to deliver unparalleled capability that can be optimized for a broad variety of high-volume PCB assembly manufacturing challenges.
Max Node Count
Max Parallel Core Count
600 x 1480 x 1980
Max no. of Programming Channel
Featured Interview by SMT Magazine
In a feature interview by Nolan Johnson, Christopher Cain (VP/GM for Electronic Industrial Products at Keysight Technologies) spoke about the market drivers that led to the development of Keysight's i7090 Massively Parallel Board Test. And how is the industry evolving to allow for massively parallel testing and inspection? And what are the customer's pain points?
To read the rest of the interview transcript, go to SMT007 Magazine - SMT007-Nov2021 (uberflip.com)
In the ever-changing PCBA industry, a conventional test system may not be sufficient these days as some of the challenges required a scalable approach to support different configurations. Join us in this webinar to learn how you can benefit from the i7090 system, the world’s first massively parallel board test system.
Accelerate Higher Throughput In a Smaller Footprint
With the proliferation of the Internet of Things (IoTs), smart devices, and electric vehicles, the printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) used is more sophisticated and packed with smaller components that are critical to the functionality of the device. However, the testing of these small boards is still dependent on test systems that were built for simple board-under-test from 20 years ago. This may mean sacrificing test coverage in the hope that end-of-line functional testing will be able to catch these critical failures.
This webinar covers the importance of testing smaller PCBAs with features and technologies similar to test systems used on bigger PCBAs in order to lower the cost of the test.
- Perform high volume PCBA testing running in parallel
- Methods to increase PCBA test throughput without increasing cost
- Myths of lowering the cost of test on PCBA and how to achieve this in your manufacturing
Accelerate Higher Throughput In a Smaller Footprint (Software and Tools)
This webinar is part II session of the first webinar of 'Accelerate Higher Throughput In a Smaller Footprint', it talks about Software and tools for Keysight i7090. You will be briefed on the i7090 product overview, follow by the software structure, development and debug, The test fixture and tools in use, and software production runtime.
- Dynamic System Configurability
- Feature Rich UX
- Advanced Debug Capability
- Intuitive GUI
LACROIX Electronics specializes in the design and manufacture of electronic assemblies and sub-assemblies. Let's watch this testimonial video together to understand how their Test Engineering Corporate Manager was able to reduce costs while increasing throughput by using the massively parallel board test system, i7090.
Click here to read the news coverage from BusinessWire.
Extend the Capabilities for your i7090 Massively Parallel Board Test System
i7090 Board Test System Featured Resources
Application Notes 2021.08.04
Bypass Link Conveyor Built-in i7090 and i3070 In-Circuit Inline Tester
Data Sheets 2021.03.01
i7090 Massively Parallel Board Test System