- 1 µs minimum averaging time and up to 250 kHz bandwidth
- Memory for 1M samples/ port plus 1 M/port buffer for continuous logging with up to 3x faster data transfer
- Four InGaAs sensor ports with 1250 to 1650 nm wavelength range
- Dynamic range up to 65dB in swept and logging applications without ranging
- Fast power range switching for stitching 2-sweep measurements to >80 dB dynamic range
- Power uncertainty of ±2.5 %
- Low polarization dependence of <±0.01 dB typ.
- New input power threshold triggering function
Successor to Keysight's popular N7744A optical power meters, the N7744C optical power meter has been further optimized for high measurement throughput when characterizing optical multiport components, for example multiplexers, PON splitters, wavelength selective switches (WSS) and ROADMs. High-speed measurement data acquisition, faster data interfaces, the use of dual-ported RAM for uninterrupted simultaneous measurement and readout, and the new faster power range switching help avoid unnecessary delays in the measurement process as well as in post-processing. Transient measurements are now supported with power threshold triggering.
The N7744C is utilizing the same trusted N7740 fiber connectivity concept, which is a quadruple adapter (quad-adapter) with a snap-on quick-locking mechanism. The device to be tested can be connected to the quad-adapter in a comfortable ergonomic working position, even while the instrument is measuring another device. Then the quad-adapter can quickly be snapped on, to provide repeatable high-precision connections. Use of the quad-adapter simplifies aligning connector keys, especially for rack-mounted instruments and makes it easier to connect ports in the desired order, helping to avoid errors and connector damage.The quad-adapter supports MU, FC, SC and LC connectors as well as bare fibers connectors.
Space-saving channel density, complemented by the ease of integrating multiple instruments into a single setup with parallel programming over the LAN or USB connections, a family-wide, common trigger concept, and a modern, browser-accessible user interface, provide convenient configuration of the instrument’s functionality.
Interested in a N7744C?
Extend the Capabilities for Your Optical Multiport Power Meter, 4 channels
Featured Resources for N7744C Optical Multiport Power Meter, 4 channels
Data Sheets 2023.05.22
N7744C and N7745C Optical Multiport Power Meters
Data Sheets 2023.09.20
N7747C and N7748C High-Sensitivity Optical Power Meters
View All Resources