- Calibrated injection of optical modulation amplitude (OMA), extinction ratio (ER), and vertical eye closure penalty (VECP) for accurate test results
- Automated compliance and characterization tests for 10 Gb Ethernet, 8G, and 10G Fibre Channel
- Affordable solution with one reference transmitter for 1310 nm and 1550 nm single mode and one for 850 nm multimode
- Complete electrical / optical offering with Keysight reference receiver for 1260 to 1640 nm, single mode
- Reproducible results with Keysight verified filters and accessories
- Data rates up to 14.2 Gb/s
- Automated testing provides BER versus OMA results
Optical receiver stress testing is one of the key challenges during the design and test phase of multi-gigabit transceivers and receive optical sub-assemblies (ROSAs). Many different data rates, distances, and fibers need verification. Each requires a different test setup to create the stressed eye defined in each standard.
The Keysight N4917A is a complete optical receiver stress test set that enables repeatable and calibrated conformance and characterization testing of optical receivers. Design and test engineers can accurately test ROSAs and transceiver modules operating up to 14.2 Gb/s.
The optical receiver stress test solution consists of:
- N4917A calibration and automation software and accessory kits for 10 Gb Ethernet 10GBase –LR, -ER ,-SR, 8G, and 10G Fibre Channel testing
- 81490A reference transmitter for 1310 nm / 1550 nm single mode and 850 nm multimode
- 81495A reference receiver 1260 nm to 1640 nm single mode
- 8164B lightwave measurement system mainframe with 81576A attenuator or N77-Series attenuators
- J-BERT N4903B high-performance serial BERT with integrated and calibrated jitter sources
- 86100C/D Infiniium DCA-J/ DCA-X with 86105B/C/D optical/electrical module