Choose a country or area to see content specific to your location
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel DAQ Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter / Device Analyzers and Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources, and Power Supplies
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test and Security
- Network Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
Design for Better Battery Life
The Keysight E36731A battery emulator and profiler is an integrated electronic load and power supply developed to use with Keysight PathWave BenchVue battery emulation software. An emulated battery gives you a known good reference for testing at any charge level. Quickly assess the effect of design or software changes on battery life by emulating any battery charge state. Leverage emulation and precise current drain analysis to achieve longer battery life or to reduce the size of your device.
- Generate accurate battery profiles using the simulated current drain of a device.
- Instantly emulate any battery charge state and display real-time current drain data.
- Achieve accurate battery run-down tests by emulating your device’s current drain.
- Estimate battery aging effects to predict device performance throughout its lifetime.
- Streamline your workflow with an integrated power supply and an electronic load.
- Creates a battery model for any battery type.
- Power up to 200W, 30V, and 20A.
Validate and Extend Battery Life
Analyzing the current drain and conducting run-down battery tests of your designs pose several difficulties. The manual process of charging and discharging a battery is time-consuming, and it's crucial to test it at different charge levels as battery characteristics vary. Furthermore, battery parameters and charge levels must be identical when comparing test results. Achieving this is very challenging with physical batteries. Additionally, it is difficult to determine how long a device will last on a single charge, and often battery life claims do not match reality.
Keysight designed the E36731A battery emulator and profiler and BV9211B advanced battery test and emulation software to solve these challenges. This demo video guides you through the process of using the solution to verify and prolong the battery run time of your device.
Enhance IoT Battery Performance using Emulation Software
For IoT-based infrastructure and consumer electronic IoT devices, designers must understand power consumption patterns and whether devices meet battery life requirements. In this white paper, discover how to overcome these power challenges using the E36731A battery emulator and profiler and PathWave BenchVue battery emulation software. You will learn how to quickly gain critical insights into battery drain to optimize your design to extend and accurately predict battery run time.
Select the Right Battery Emulation Solution for Your Application
BV9211B PathWave BenchVue advanced battery test and emulation software operates on both the E36731A emulator and profiler and the modular, four-output Keysight N6705C DC power analyzer for lower-power applications (< 200W). Check out this product brochure to help you choose the correct hardware for your application.
Interested in a E36731A?
Extend the Capabilities of Your E36731A Battery Emulator and Profiler
Application Notes 2023.04.27
Battery Temperature Testing
Data Sheets 2023.06.22
E36731A Battery emulator and profiler
White Papers 2023.03.10
Powering the Internet of Things with End-to-End Battery Testing
White Papers 2023.03.16
4 Ways to Enhance IoT Battery Performance Using Emulation Software
Low-Power (< 200 W) Battery Emulation Portfolio
View All Resources