- Supports Transmitter Testing under the PCIe 5.0 BASE Specification at 32, 16, 8, 5, and 2.5 GT/s
- PCIe® 5.0 CEM 5.0 TX Measurements for end point (add-in cards) and root port (motherboard) devices at 32, 16, 8, 5, and 2.5GT/s
- DUT automation for automatic selection of TX test patterns for CEM 5.0 testing using a Keysight 81150A or 81160A Pulse Function Arbitrary Noise Generator
- Uncorrelated Jitter, Preset Testing, Uncorrelated PWJ and more
- Configurable pass/fail margin reporting
- HTML Summary Report
- Test setup wizard guides you through test selection, configuration, connection, execution, and results reporting
- Workshop compliance mode for automating PCISIG CEM compliance tests and report generation using Sigtest
- Measurement connection setups are displayed, and oscilloscope setup is automatically configured for each test
- Test results report documents test configuration, measurements made, pass/fail status, margin analysis, and waveforms, and a switching solution is available for automated multilane testing
- PCI Express® BASE 5.0 and CEM 5.0 Transmitter Tests
- PCI Express® 5.0 Reference Clock Tests
- Supports de-embedding of test fixtures and cables with InfiniiSim Waveform Transformation Toolset
- PCI-SIG® compliance test fixtures & accessories
- D9020JITA jitter, vertical and phase noise analysis software
- D9010DMBA InfiniiSim Basic (or D9020ASIA InfiniiSim advanced)
- Use the User Defined Application tool to:
- Create and fully integrate custom tests, configuration variables, and connection instructions
- Insert external application calls into the run sequence, such as MATLAB scripts or your device controller
- Configure additional external instruments used in your test suite
The PCI Express electrical performance validation and compliance software provides you with a fast and easy way to verify and debug your PCI Express designs. The PCI Express electrical test software allows you to automatically execute PCI Express electrical tests for endpoints, root complex and new ASICs (chip level) and displays the results in a flexible report format. In addition to the measurement results, the report provides a margin analysis that shows how closely your device passed or failed each test.
The PCI Express electrical test software includes tests for verifying that your transmitter is compliant with the PCI Express 5.0 BASE and PCIe 5.0 CEM specification at a max data rate of 32GT/s which also includes uncorrelated jitter measurements and other tests while also offering updated PCIe 5.0 reference clock tests.
The PCI Express electrical test software utilizes the Q-domain approach (PCI Express 5.0 BASE specification) for all supported data rates. This ensures that your PCI Express TX measurements will have consistency with measurements made using the PCI-SIG’s standalone SigTest software including Sigtest Phoenix for 32G PCIe 5.0 measurements.
For PCI Express 5.0, the software incorporates algorithms for calculating specific BASE spec parameters for supported data rates including:
- TX unit interval
- Full swing TX voltage with no TxEQ
- Minimum swing during EIEOS for full swing
- TX uncorrelated total jitter
- TX uncorrelated deterministic jitter
- TX uncorrelated pulse width jitter
- TX deterministic DjDD uncorrelated pulse width jitter
- TX pseudo package loss
- De-emphasis and preshoot measurements for TXEQ presets
- TX DC common mode voltage
- TX AC common mode voltage
- TX absolute delta of DC common mode voltage
The PCI Express electrical performance validation and compliance software requires the D9020JITA jitter, vertical and phase noise analysis software and the D9010DMBA InfiniiSim Basic (or D9020ASIA InfiniiSim advanced). In addition, you will need at least two phase-matched test cables of appropriate bandwidth. Some of the measurements performed by the D9050PCIC software require that you build or acquire a custom test board, assembly, or other test fixture for your DUT. For CEM testing you will need the appropriate fixture(s) consistent with the data rates you test as provided and specified by the PCI-SIG.
A custom fixture is typically needed when you are testing new silicon or custom ASIC. An adapter may be required when testing a form factor other than the CEM form factor.
D9050PCIC PCIeGen5 Electrical Performance Validation & Compliance Software and 30-Day Trial License
Keysight D9050PCIC PCIe 5.0 (Gen5) electrical performance validation and compliance software for Infiniium oscilloscopes.
Interested in a D9050PCIC PCIe 5.0 compliance software?
Featured Resources for D9050PCIC PCIE 5.0 Transmitter Electrical Performance Validation and Compliance Software
Data Sheets 2022.01.13
D9050PCIC PCIe 5.0 TX Compliance Test Software
Reference Guides 2022.03.01
Methods of Implementation, D9050PCIC PCI Express Gen5 Automated Test Application
Help Files 2022.03.01
Online Help for D9050PCIC PCI Express 5.0 Automated Test Application
Programming Guides 2022.01.10
Remote Programmer's Reference, D9050PCIC PCIe Gen5 Compliance Application
View All Resources