D9010ASIO Infiniium Offline — Advanced Signal Integrity Software: Equalization, De-Embedding, Crosstalk, PAM-N
Emulate Feed-Forward (FFE), Decision Feedback (DFE), and Continuous-Time Linear Equalization (CTLE)
- Application allows for accurate modeling of DFE, FFE and CTLE.
- FFE emulation accurately depicts hardware equalization.
- DFE is adaptive and allows for customization of the tap values.
- Removes channel effects such as lossy cables or test fixtures; commonly referred to as ‘de-embedding’.
- View waveforms anywhere in a modeled system.
- Inserts channel effects such as a standard cable model.
- Replace one or more channel element with another.
- Challenges the crosstalk analysis application addresses.
- Identify the sources of crosstalk affecting the victim.
- Quantify how much each aggressor is disrupting the victim.
- Remove the effect of crosstalk from the victim signal for analysis.
- Check how much design margin is recovered when crosstalk is removed from victim+V26.
Powerful analysis features
- PAM-4 equalizers (LFE, CTLE) using the Infiniium serial data equalization software.
- Embedding / de-embedding of channels using the InfiniiSim waveform transformation toolset for Infiniium oscilloscopes.
- Jitter and amplitude analysis on JP03 patterns using the EZJIT analysis software.
This is an advanced signal integrity test package option for D9010BSEO Infiniium Offline, which is a prerequisite for this application. Deeper insight and simulation capabilities are available in the D9010ASIO bundle, which includes equalization, de-embedding, crosstalk, power integrity, and PAM-N analysis tools. This is the equivalent of the D9020ASIA, D9010POWA, and D9010PAMA analysis tool available on Infiniium oscilloscopes. View the datasheet to learn more.
Serial Data Equalization
Equalization is becoming an increasingly important application for today's digital designers. Higher data rates coupled with longer backplanes and interconnect distances have resulted in greater signal attenuation at the receiver. The outcome is the closing of eyes at the receiver, making it difficult to distinguish between a high and a low for even the most sophisticated decoding algorithms. The Infiniium serial data equalization (SDE) software utilizes Infiniium's low noise floor and clock recovery algorithms, combined with new equalization software, to accurately depict DFE, CTLE, and FFE. Now users can model equalization and de-embedding using only their oscilloscope and the Infiniium SDE software.
InfiniiSim Waveform Transformation Toolset
This application provides the most flexible and accurate means to render waveforms anywhere in the digital serial link. The configurable system modeling allows you to remove the deleterious effects of unwanted channel elements, simulate waveforms with channels models inserted, view waveforms in physically un-probable locations, compensate for loading of probes and other circuit elements, and do so simply and quickly on the real-time oscilloscope.
Cross Talk Analysis
Keysight has developed a crosstalk analysis application to assist in the diagnosis of crosstalk. The application not only detects and quantifies the presence of crosstalk, but it can also determine which aggressors are primarily responsible. It can go one step further by actually removing the crosstalk from the victim so you can visually compare the original waveform with the clean waveform side-by-side. You can compare the “before” and “after” waveforms directly on the scope display or by comparing the results from other scope analysis tools such as real-time eye diagrams or jitter analysis. This gives the user a direct way of quantifying the amount of improvement they can expect by mitigating the different sources of crosstalk.
Flexible PAM Measurements
Demand for increased network bandwidth in data centers continues to grow. Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM) is a multi-level signaling format that is enabling technology to help address this need. The switch from NRZ to PAM-4 is revolutionary, rather than evolutionary from 100G, presenting many new design and measurement challenges. Keysight’s PAM-N analysis software in D9010ASIO is designed to accurately and quickly characterize PAM-4 electrical signals described in IEEE 802.3bj Clause 94 and address future PAM measurement needs as outlined in developing standards such as OIF-CEI-56G and IEEE 400G.
Interested in a D9010ASIO?
Featured Resources for D9010ASIO Infiniium Offline - Adv Signal Integrity Software (InfiniiSim Adv/EQ/Crosstalk)
Data Sheets 2020.09.30
Infiniium Offline Analysis Software
Data Sheets 2017.11.30
N5465A InfiniiSim Waveform Transformation Toolset for Infiniium Oscilloscopes
Data Sheets 2017.12.01
Installation and Maintenance of Vehicular Satellite Communication Systems Using the N9340B Handheld RF Spectrum Analyzer
Application Notes 2018.02.28
Using PrecisionProbe Software on the Infiniium 9000 Series Oscilloscopes to Correct for Probe Loss
Data Sheets 2014.09.23
PrecisionProbe for Bandwidths up to 33 GHz
View All Resources