What are you looking for?
- Up to 15 m (50 ft)
- ±0.2% of displayed value
Resolution (per foot step)
- 0.002 μm (2 in)
- 0.003 μm (4 in)
- 0.005 μm (6 in)
Reference plane accuracy
The uncertainty of a surface plate flatness measurement is bounded by two parallel planes separated by the values below:
- Metric units mode: 0.03 M2 µm where M = length of the surface diagonal in meters
- English units mode: 0.12 F2 µin where F = length of the surface diagonal in feet
The Keysight 55282A Flatness Accessory Kit, when used with the 55281A Angular Optics Kit, allows the 5530 Laser Calibration System to perform both flatness and way straightness measurements.
The 55282A Flatness Accessory Kit is composed of an 10759A Footspacing Kit and two 10773A Flatness Mirrors. The footspacing kit provides three precision baseplates, with 50.8 mm (2 in), 101.6 mm (4 in), and 152.4 mm (6 in) pad spacing respectively, that minimize the grid setup and data accumulation time required for plate calibration. The flatness mirrors provide 100 percent reflectance and turn the direction of an incoming laser beam 90 degrees.
The 55282A Flatness Accessory Kit is one component in a family of measurement optics that tailor interferometer systems for the physical layout and measurement requirements of each application. When configured with appropriate laser head and system electronics, the optics are part of a precise positioning or calibration system that improves product quality, increases yields, and facilitates manufacture of precision products.
- Mirror mounts with swivel-attached baseplate for easier surface plate calibration
- Faster measurement and analysis, better accuracy and repeatability than conventional autocollimators and levels
- Plate surface holds no heat-producing objects
- Available for use in a variety of Keysight systems, including the 5530 Laser Calibration System
Interested in a 55282A?
Extend the capabilities for your Flatness Accessory Kit
Featured Resources for 55282A Flatness Accessory Kit
Data Sheets 2014.08.01
55282A Flatness Accessory Kit
Data Sheets 2020.08.12
5530 Dynamic Calibrator
Technical Overviews 2017.03.25
5530 Laser Calibration System
View All Resources