Confirm Your Country or Area
Confirm your country to access relevant pricing, special offers, events, and contact information.
Products + Services
Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers)
- Network Analyzers
- Logic Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers
- Bit Error Ratio Testers
- Noise Figure Analyzers and Noise Sources
- High-Speed Digitizers and Multichannel Data Acquisition Solutions
- AC Power Analyzers
- DC Power Analyzers
- Materials Test Equipment
- Device Current Waveform Analyzers
- Parameter and Device Analyzers, Curve Tracers
- Generators, Sources + Power
- Modular Instruments
- Network Test
- Network Security + Visibility
- Additional Products
- All Products, Software, Services
- Oscilloscopes + Analyzers
55280A Linear Measurement Kit
The Keysight 55280A Linear Measurement, used with the Keysight 5530 Laser Calibration System, includes the optical equipment needed to measure linear distance (displacement) and velocity.
The Keysight 55280A Linear Measurement Kit, used with the Keysight 5530 Laser Calibration System, includes the optical equipment needed to measure linear distance (displacement) and velocity. The kit contains a Keysight 10766A Linear Interferometer, two Keysight 10767A Linear Retroreflectors, mounting hardware, and transit case.
The system measures the change in distance between the interferometer and the retroreflector. Prior to movement, any point can be defined as a measurement starting point.
The 55280A can be used to calibrate the positioning accuracy of numerically-controlled machine tools and coordinate measuring machines. With its extreme accuracy and resolution, it can also be used as a de facto standard for calibrating length standards.
- Up to 40 m (130 ft) with Linear Optics
- Up to 80 m (260 ft) with Long Range Option
- Temperature range: 0 - 40ºC (32 - 104°F)
- E1738A Air Sensor: ±0.4 ppm
- In vacuum†: ±0.1 (±0.02) ppm
† Vacuum accuracy is ±0.02 ppm if the 5519A/B laser head is calibrated to MIL-STD 45662A
- Linear optics (10766A): 1 nm (0.04 µin)
- Plane mirror optics (10706A/B) *: 0.5 nm (0.02 µin)
- High resolution plane mirror optics (10716A) *‡: 0.25 nm (0.01 µin)
* Requires the 10724A Plane Mirror Reflector. Since alignment of these optics is much more sensitive than for linear optics, linear optics are recommended for general use.
‡ Aperture distance of 10716A is 12.7 mm, whereas 5519A is 11 mm.