The Keysight 10086A is an ECL Terminator. ECL signals are normally offset from ground, while high frequency test equipment generally provides 50 ohm termination to ground. Attempting to connect an ECL signal directly to the test equipment could result in either damage to the ECL output or to the test equipment. The Keysight 10086A ECL terminator provides an excellent interface between ECL outputs and test and measurement equipment.
The terminator offsets and attenuates the signal sufficiently to protect the test equipment, while providing the proper termination voltage between the ECL circuit and the test equipment. The Keysight 10086A can also be used alone to properly load an ECL output. The ECL terminator is a precision adapter that is dc-coupled to the instrumentation. This allows direct measuremnt of your ECL signal. Power supply adjustment and capacitive or transformer coupling are no longer necessary with the ECL terminator. In addition, it is no longer necessary to float the instrumentation ground to -2 V, thereby reducing the hazards of power supply shorting and electrical shock or damage to the circuit.
- Accurately measure ECL level signals
- Protect sensitive circuits and test equipment
- Properly terminate device under test and test equipment
- Attenuation: 10X ± 1.0 % at dc or 20 dB ± 3 dB, dc to 10 GHz
- Abberations: ±3 % maximum, with 100 ps rise time
- Maximum input voltage: ± 5 V on all inputs
- Connectors: ECL input SMA (m), ECL output SMA (f), Bias input SMB (m)
- Dimensions (including connectors): 1.50 x 1.10 x 0.45 inches (3.81 x 2.79 x 1.14 cm)