High Performance, Cost Effective Bypass Switch
Inline security and monitoring tools allow network operators to prevent incidents, inspect encrypted traffic, block bad IPs and more. However, these same security and monitoring tools can become a single point of failure — bringing down the entire network, affecting users and compromising security in the process.
Bypass switches are the solution to this conundrum! They provide a fail-safe way to achieve inline security, without compromising uptime or the user experience.
Keysight's iBypass DUO is the latest, inline bypass switch to ensure operators achieve resilient security, while maintaining up-time and without affecting the user experience.
iBypass DUO is different from other bypasses on the market — it has two management interfaces, two power fail options and all the other features our bypasses are known for. With the ability to deploy standalone or with a network packet broker, the iBypass DUO is incredibly versatile.
In addition our Fabric Controller Centralized Manager, the only central management tool for bypass switches, simplifies and speeds iBypass DUO configuration and management of tens to hundreds of devices. This is a necessary requirement for any large-scale deployment and is available for all Keysight iBypass switches.
- Available in four models, with high-density configuration
- Two models, Single Mode and Multi-Mode Fiber options, support one network link and two security tools or network packet brokers.
- Two models, Single Mode and Multi-Mode Fiber options, support two network links and four security tools or network packet brokers. This model can be deployed as either a single or two independent bypass switches
- Full line-rate across all ports
- Operate both standalone or in conjunction with a network packet broker
- Redundant power: inbuilt, hot-swappable, field-replaceable power supplies
- 1U inline bypass appliance — 1G or 10G. Both inline and out-of-band deployment options.
iBypass DUO has two management interfaces — so there is access to the bypass switch when you need it most! Murphy's law works against us; even when we protect our network with a bypass switch, it is possible the network freezes up and we lose access to the bypass switch at the most critical time.
This is why iBypass DUO has two management interface ports. No matter what the situation, the bypass can be accessed and tools can be brought up and taken down, keeping the network and up-time protected.
iBypass DUO allows you to deploy and manage multiple tools in a single device. These can be both active-active or active-standby configurations, allowing organizations to achieve the best architecture for their environment.
Keysight uniquely offers this capability in its bypass switches, facilitating true resilience, to ensure the best network operations.
It has the ability to both fail open or fail close in the case of power failure or based on network events such as tool failure.
- During fail open, data continues to flow through the network (though uninspected) when the bypass loses power or security tools go down. You may choose this in a situation where a specific set of tools may not be as high priority vs. having the network remain up and operational.
- During of fail close, the flow of network traffic is stopped and the network is effectively brought down. You can choose this option when connected with tools or links that are critical to be monitored — where downtime is preferred over uninspected traffic.
Keysight's bypasses also offer preconfigured heartbeats. Though other providers may facilitate heartbeats, it can be complex to setup and easy to mis-configure. This leads to errors during deployment and introduces security risks.
With Keysight, leading security and monitoring tool heartbeats have been pre-built and tested by our team — we are the only provider to offer this capability. Setting up a heartbeat is a simple, single-click process in the web-interface that ensures you know if your tools go down.
Like other Keysight bypasses, iBypass DUO provides the built-in ability to tap data from a network, as well as aggregate and replicate the data to send to security and monitoring tools — both inline and out-of-band. This provides you the ultimate flexibility, ensuring the most network up-time.
Security tools can be tested out-of-band with the same bypass, using mirrored traffic and validated before being brought inline to the production network. This allows the bypass to operate more effectively when used standalone without network packet broker.
Easy To Use Interface
iBypass DUO has the most powerful and simple user of any bypass switch. It leverages the same network to tools port layout of our network packet brokers, with drag-and-drop capabilities and intuitive presets. The interface is proven to reduce setup time and lower ongoing support and configuration costs.
iBypass + Vision Network Packet Broker
Our line of iBypass switches can be used standalone or with our Vision Network Packet Brokers (NPBs). As standalone devices, they can be used to deploy firewalls and other such gating security tools. When used with NPBs, they are a critical component of a larger security and monitoring infrastructure.
Combined with the Vision NPBs, iBypasses can open the door high-availability configurations offering the solution to complex network needs to ensure up-time in critical situations.
The Best Guard — An External Bypass
iBypass DUO is an “external” bypass switch and is fully independent from any network packet brokers. It avoids the major architectural weaknesses of inbuilt bypass switches. Watch the video to learn more.