Battery, the Heart of IoT Devices
The need for convenience and portability has led to ever-smaller, battery-operated Internet of Things (IoT) devices. This means that battery life is more important than ever. However, measuring and managing battery life have not been easy.
The Keysight X8712A is an IoT device battery-life-optimization solution that consists of a DC power analyzer, 20 W or 80 W battery drain analyzer source/measure unit (SMU) modules, RF event detector, and dedicated software in one integrated solution.
- Estimate battery life easily.
- Measure dynamic current with seamless ranging.
- Break down total consumption by subsystems.
- Detect RF events from 100 MHz to 2.9 GHz.
- Detect RF events over a 40 dB range.
- Get support for various radio technologies, including Bluetooth®, WLAN, Zigbee, NB-IoT, LoRa, and Sigfox.
- Validate your device in real-world operating mode with KS833A2A PathWave Event-Based Power Analysis Software.
Explore the Solution
Estimating battery runtime is critical, but not enough
To get the most out of your IoT device's battery, you need to understand which RF and subcircuit events are causing battery charge consumption. This will enable you to make the hardware and firmware programming decisions that will optimize your battery's runtime.
Interested in a X8712A?
Extend the Capabilities of Your IoT Device Battery Life Optimization Solution
Data Sheets 2021.04.01
X8712A IoT Device Battery Life Optimization Solution
Case Studies 2018.09.18
A Leading AR/VR Solution Provider Saves 60% Of Time While Optimizing Battery Life
Application Notes 2021.03.17
How to Maximize the Battery Life of Your Portable IoT Devices
4 Battery Life Optimization Tips for IoT Devices