W4540E PathWave DPD Explorer in PathWave ADS
A new verification tool in PathWave Advanced Design System (ADS) for RF designers verifying power amplifiers with DPD at circuit level. It offers compact waveforms, built-in optimized DPD analysis, a workflow with the PNA-X model extraction and DPD verification, the new Dynamic Gain model which provides unprecedented fidelity with memory effects.
The W4540E PathWave DPD Explorer in PathWave ADS includes:
- Keysight compact waveforms delivers up to 10x faster simulation speed compared with test models
- Built-in DPD Optimization to help converge on design goals
- Connected workflow between simulation and PNA-X for model extraction
- New Dynamic Gain Amplifier Model capturing broadband memory effects for Doherty PAs
- Elegant and efficient powere amplifier verification centric user interface for circuit designers
- Built-in test models for 5G and Wi-Fi
Digital Pre-Distortion is evolving to meet the challenge of increased carrier frequencies, component carrier bandwidth and modulation complexity. Circuit designers working with broadband power amplifiers must verifiy that their design is ‘DPD-able’, within system engineering constraints. Engineers want these capabilities in ADS and prefer reference waveforms with a known statistics. Keysight has provided PathWave DPD Explorer with an elegant new user interface and new analysis capabilities, unlocking 4 benefits:
- Keysight’s compact waveforms which are used to reduce simulation speed by up to a factor of 10 compared with test models, whilst still delivering the correct waveform characteristics.
- Built-in optimized DPD analysis which reduces experimentation and aids design efficiency.
- An efficient workflow between simulation with PathWave System Design, ADS and the PNA-X DPD verification capability.
- The new Dynamic Gain model which provides unprecedented fidelity for simulating Doherty power amplifiers with memory effects.