Key benefits of SIPro include:
- Speed and Accuracy - Unlike hybrid circuit-EM tools that are fast but have limited accuracy, SIPro is based on pure EM technologies that deliver accuracy approaching industry-standard 3D EM solvers. The EM technologies in SIPro are tuned specifically for Signal Integrity (SI) applications, they are much faster and more efficient than general purpose EM tools.
- Designed for Usability - SIPro shares a common graphical user interface (GUI) in Advanced Design System (ADS) that is architected specifically for SI analysis. Navigating and setting up EM simulations on complex PCBs is made fast and simple with a net-driven use model. With the high-capacity solver in SIPro, it is no longer necessary to spend hours manually simplifying designs, such as cookie-cutting and removing layers and nets, that is typically done with general purpose EM tools. Also, setting up EM ports and solver settings is much more automated than in general purpose EM tools.
- Cohesive Work Flow - With one common environment for both SI and PI analyses, one setup can be easily copied from one analysis-type to another. Resulting EM models transfer seamlessly back to schematic for further simulation with Transient and Channel simulators. This flow eliminates the need to switch between different point tools, saving valuable engineering time.
SIPro provides signal integrity (SI) analysis of your high-speed PCBs, enabling you to characterize loss and coupling of signal nets, and ultimately extract an EM-accurate model that can be used in the ADS Transient and Channel Simulators.
SIPro Work Flow
The SIPro work flow includes design import, analysis setup, simulation and automatic schematic generation for further simulation.
Click the image above to view a demonstration of the workflow in ADS for SI and PI applications.
PCB layout designs can be imported to ADS using ODB++, .brd (Cadence Allegro) and ADFI formats. Once in ADS, the design is opened in the SIPro / PIPro analysis environment where it is viewed, zoomed and rotated in 3D.
SIPro Analysis Setup
Select the nets and components to be included in the analysis. Define the I/O ports for each net. Specify the frequency range for the analysis.
Figure 1. Net-driven use model and flow.
The following analyses can be performed in SIPro:
EM model extraction
- Generate an EM-accurate model that captures signal net losses and coupling
- Frequency domain s-parameter results
- Time domain TDR results
Figure 2. Easily plot single-ended, differential, mixed-mode simulation results to view transmission cross-talk, TDR and more.
Complete channel analysis
- The extracted EM model can be populated back to schematic and then used directly in an ADS transient and channel simulation
SIPro and PIPro Product Configurations
|W2223BP/BT ADS Bundle
||W2224BP/BT ADS Bundle
|ADS Core Environment|
|Transient Convolution Simulation|
|Controlled Impedance Line Designer|
|Momentum EM Analysis|
|PIPro EM Analyses|
|SIPro EM Analysis|
* Use of SIPro and PIPro Elements require ADS Core Environment and ADS Layout.
Learn more about Advanced Design System (ADS) Simulation Elements
Data Sheets 2017.11.01
W2360EP/ET SIPro, W2359EP/ET PIPro
Four Considerations for High-speed Digital Design Success
White Papers 2019.11.07
High-Speed Digital Design Success
White Papers 2020.01.26
Designing for DDR4 and Beyond
EEsof EDA Advanced Design System
EEsof EDA Premier Communications Design Software
High Speed Digital Design with Advanced Design System