The 5G Solution Awarded by GTI for Innovative Breakthrough in Mobile Technology
Keysight’s S8800A PROPSIM F64 Channel Emulation Toolset is based on the first-to-market PROPSIM F64 5G channel emulator, which enables users to perform benchmarking of devices, base stations, digital radios, and sensor systems across the entire product workflow, from research and development to acceptance and field performance optimization. By performing a majority of the testing in a realistic lab environment, users can optimize time to market with improved maturity and reduce costs related to product development and maintenance.
Industry-leading mobile device, modem, and network equipment manufacturers use Keysight’s S8800A PROPSIM F64 Channel Emulation Toolset to integrate new 5G NR and 4G LTE product features and verify new hardware and software releases in a 24 / 7 automated test environment. Mobile network operators around the world use the S8800A toolset to validate 5G NR and LTE-A devices and base stations prior to product rollouts or software deployments in operational networks.
Keysight's PROPSIM F64 channel emulator supports a frequency range from 3 MHz up to 44 GHz as well as GCM-MANET and aerospace emulation tool options for aerospace and defense applications. These unique capabilities enable users to validate a wide range of RF and mmWave applications in the aerospace, avionics, satellite, and defense industries.
Key application areas include:
- 5G device FR1+FR2 maximum data throughput tests using MIMO and massive MIMO cells
- high capacity WLAN 802.11ax access point testing
- multi-cell, multi-RAT high cell density device and networks virtual drive testing in the lab
- large scale tactical radio networks and MESH networks
- Aerospace, Airborne, and Satellite radio system testing with up 64 simultaneous links
End-to-End Real-world Performance Testing in The Lab
5G introduces new advanced technologies, including wider signal bandwidths, mmWave frequencies and massive MIMO with hybrid beamforming. To address associated complexities, Keysight was the first to market with a 5G NR channel emulation solution, supporting the widest signal bandwidth and highest number of fading channels.
The S8800A PROPSIM F64 Channel Emulation Toolset is designed for end-to-end realistic and repeatable real-world performance testing in the lab. The solution addresses all 5G NR key technical requirements, including:
- Signal bandwidths up to 400MHz
- Continuous carrier aggregation (CA) schemes up to 1.2GHz
- Non-contiguous CA schemes up to 16CC
- Massive MIMO using radio channel models defined in TR38.901 for both conducted and over-the-air (OTA) testing, across sub-6GHz and mmWave frequencies
The toolset supports a wide range of deployment scenarios:
- 5G NR non-standalone (NSA) mode (using LTE as an anchor cell)
- 5G NR standalone (SA) mode
- Coexistence scenarios – 5G NR together with 3G and/or 2G cells
- Wi-Fi offloading scenarios
- 802.11ax capable access points and devices up 7.2GHz band
Extend Your Channel Emulation Toolset
By combining the S8800 PROPSIM F64 Channel Emulation Toolset with Keysight's E7770A Common Interface Unit and Keysight’s remote radio head (M1740A mmWave Transceiver for 5G), the solution extends to also address frequencies in 6-12GHz and mmWave 24/28/37/44GHz bands. Users can validate device and base station performance over-the-air (OTA) with multi OTA probe chambers designed for test cases across the device and base station workflow.
PROPSIM 5G RF fader platform seamlessly integrates with Keysight’s 5G Network Emulation Solution portfolio to coherently emulate complex fading test scenarios with protocol signaling for complete end-to-end device performance testing in sub 6GHz and mmWave bands.
- Massive MIMO Interoperability & Performance Testing
- Device MIMO Over-the-Air Testing
- mmWave Interoperability & Performance Testing
- mmWave Device Multi-beam MIMO Over-the-Air Testing
Extend your S8800A toolset with Keysight’s F9860000A Channel Studio. The industry-leading Channel Studio software enables you to create customer-specific channel models. Its dynamic modeling capabilities include dynamic mobile speed, multipath profile, range delay, and base station antenna correlation, including noise and inter-symbol interference caused by base station signals as well as distant propagation path reflections to the device.
Channel Studio provides advanced radio channel modeling for:
- Real-time testing and performance evaluation of devices, radio systems, and transceivers with a channel emulator platform
- Wireless link and system level simulation software
Channel Studio applications:
- Cellular technologies from 2G to 5G
- Wireless LAN up to 802.11 ax/be
- Vehicle-to-vehicle, device-to-device
- Airborne and satellite communications
- 5G Non-Terrestrial Networks
- MANET and mesh networks
- RF Field-to-Lab
Related Channel Emulation Products & Solutions
Data Sheets 2023.03.20
F8800A PROPSIM F64 Radio Channel Emulator
S8825A Satellite and Aerospace Channel Emulation Toolset
Solution Briefs 2021.08.23
S8810A MIMO OTA Emulator Toolset
Technical Overviews 2020.10.13
S8709A Virtual Drive Test Toolset
View All Resources