- LTE TDD per 3GPP Release 9 standard
- Downlink (OFDMA) and uplink (SC-FDMA) RF transmitter measurements in a single option
- Transport layer channel decoding for uplink and downlink
- Base station (eNB): EVM, frequency error, DL RS Power, time alignment between transmitter branches, RSTP, OSTP, transmit on/off power, SEM, ACLR and more.
- User equipment (UE): EVM, frequency error, I/Q offset, spectrum flatness, in-band emissions, transmit on/off power, SEM, ACLR and more.
- Transport layer channel decoding: access to demapped, deinterleaved, descrambled, deratematched and decoded data.
- Multiple color coded result views: EVM vs. subcarrier, EVM vs. symbol, EVM vs. slot, EVM vs. resource block (RB), detected allocations (subcarrier vs. symbol), error summary table, frame summary table and more.
Performance (hardware dependent)
- Residual EVM, 5 MHz downlink signal: up to 0.34 %
- Analysis bandwidth: Up to 160 MHz (with M9391A/M9393A Option B16)
- Compatible with M9391A PXI VSA and M9393A Performance PXI VSA
- Resource Manager provides simultaneous access to X-Series applications and hardware drivers for fastest measurements
- License key upgradeable
- Transportable software license supports up to four PXI VSAs in one mainframe
- SCPI remote user interface
The LTE TDD measurement application is one in a common library measurement applications for the Keysight modular PXI VSAs, providing standard-based transmitter tests by adding fast one-button RF conformance measurements to help you design, evaluate, and manufacture your LTE FDD base station and user equipment devices. The measurement application closely follows the 3GPP standard allowing you to stay on the leading edge of your design and manufacturing challenges.
RF transmitter testing
- Simplify measurement setup with automatic detection of downlink channels and signals. For eNB conformance testing, measurement is simplified by recalling E-TM presets according to 3GPP TS 36.141 conformance document.
- Perform measurement on all LTE channel bandwidths as well as all channels and signals with ability to view measured results by resource block, sub-carrier, slot, or symbol. Graphical displays with color coding and marker coupling allows you to search for problems faster and troubleshoot the found problems quicker.
- Test beyond physical layer by using the transport layer decoding functionality. Troubleshoot transport layer problems and verify the channel encoding is correct by getting access to data at different points in the receiver chain such as: demapped, deinterleaved, descrambled, deratematched and decoded data.
- For manufacturing, "conformance EVM" measurement provides up to 2x speed improvement over the traditional EVM measurement.