28 LVDS Channels, 8 Trigger Channels
M5302A is a single-slot Digital IO PXIe module with 28 programmable LVDS channels and 8 single-ended channels. The LVDS channels can be used to communicate to the device under test or can be
used to control other devices by emulating protocols such as Camera Link. The single-ended channels
are suitable for event triggers or other general-purpose IO applications.
- Single PXIe slot
- General purpose customizable I/O module
- Kintex UltraScale+ FPGA with optional PathWave FPGA support
- 28 bidirectional LVDS IO channels
- 4 general purpose IO channels
- 8 bidirectional general-purpose trigger I/O channels
- Optional timing correlation and HVI-2 sequencer support / PathWave Test Sync Executive support
The M5302A has a Soft Front Panel (SFP) that provides a simple interface to the digital IO module. It covers the basic operation of the instrument and is especially useful for initially getting acquainted with the instrument before software programming is started. It also gives you the ability to debug your system and monitor driver calls.
The M5302A comes with IVI.NET, IVI-C, and IVI-COM drivers to enable easy integration into common test development environments. In addition, a Python interface is also provided with the module.
PathWave FPGA is a system-level FPGA development environment that enables you to open up and customize the M5302A. When combined with a PathWave FPGA license, you now have access to the user-programmable FPGA and can insert your custom logic into the instrument. You can begin from HDL or a design in the included library and add or import Vivado, SystemVue, and MATLAB components. Key benefits include:
- Process signals in real-time or accelerate bottleneck operations by running as hardware-in-the-loop
- Achieve your test requirements by inserting your own IP into the instrument
- Scale-up designs or channel counts by adding multiple M5302As
PathWave Test Sync Executive
The PathWave Test Sync Executive enables rapid development of high-performance, multi-channel, real-time synchronous solutions. It is enabled on the M5302A with a PathWave license and has seamless interaction with PathWave FPGA. The Sync Executive features:
- Transparent multi-mode synchronization by precisely time aligning multiple M5302A channels in the same module or across several modules
- Real-time synchronous execution including sequencing, branching, and looping
- Time-deterministic hardware-based execution