Jitter Analysis Provides
- Automatic setup wizard for creating jitter histograms, trends, and spectrums
- Automatic setup wizard for RJ/DJ separation via multiple algorithms, pattern lengths, BER levels
- Multiple clock recovery methods
- Calibration to remove RJ from oscilloscope
- Composite histograms and graphs of separated RJ, PJ, DJ, DDJ, DCD and ISI jitter subcomponents
- Composite histograms and graphs of separated TI, DDI, PI, ISI noise subcomponents
- Spectral and noise BER bathtubs
Phase Noise Analysis Provides
- Plotting Single Side Band (SSB) phase noise as log frequency vs dBc/Hz
- Using 2 channels and cross-correlation to reduce broadband measurement noise.
- Measure phase noise of differential clocks with reduced broadband measurement noise.
- Measure phase noise of spread-spectrum modulated clocks.
- Reduce broadband noise (RJ) in cross-correlated time interval error (TIE) measurements.
- Measure integrated jitter between two frequencies on phase noise plot.
- Measure phase noise in circuit with InfiniiMax probes.
With faster edge speeds and shrinking data valid windows in today's high-speed digital designs, insight into the causes of jitter has become critical for success. This jitter analysis software, combined with Keysight's Infiniium 90000, V-, Z- or UXR-Series oscilloscopes, is a key tool for identifying and quantifying jitter components that affect the reliability of your design. Time correlation of jitter to the real-time signal makes it easy to trace jitter components to their sources. Additional compliance views and a measurement setup wizard now simplify and automate RJ/DJ separation for testing against industry standards.
This software automatically detects embedded clock frequencies and repetitive patterns of the data on the oscilloscope inputs and calculates the level of data-dependent jitter (DDJ) that is contributed to the total jitter (TJ) PDF by each transition in the pattern. It also comes with both spectral and tail-fit jitter separation algorithm.
Every waveform is different. As a result, having the flexibility of multiple jitter separation solutions means better answers for each individual waveform. Use the new tail-fit algorithm to properly identify and measure aperiodic bounded uncorrelated jitter, which is especially useful if the waveform is being influenced by cross-talk.
The phase noise analysis feature measures phase noise in a clock source. Phase noise measurement results are presented in a log frequency plot where the amplitude units are dBc/Hz (decibels relative to the carrier power normalized to a 1 Hz bandwidth). Phase noise is one of the most important figures of merit of a signal generating device and can be a limiting factor in a mission-critical application within aerospace and defense, as well as in communications.
See the Power of EZJIT Software Yourself
Get a 30-day trial license for D9020JITA.
The D9020JITA Jitter and Vertical Noise Analysis software comes pre-installed on Keysight Infiniium 90000, V-Series, Z-Series, and UXR-Series oscilloscopes, so there are no files to download and install.