Superior RF Performance
- Frequency range: DC to 18 GHz
- Insertion loss at 0 dB: 0.6 dB + 0.09 dB/GHz
- Maximum SWR: 1.5 to 8 GHz, 1.6 to 12.4 GHz, 1.9 to 18 GHz
Repeatability and Life Span
- Repeatability life: 0.03 dB max 5 million cycles per section, typical
- 5 million cycles per section
- Maximum RF input power: 1 W (average), 100 W (peak)
- Connector type: choice of Type-N female, SMA female, APC-7
- Connect in series with 11716A Attenuator Interconnect Kit, Type-N
- Connect in series with 11716C Attenuator Interconnect Kit, SMA
The Keysight 8496B DC to 18 GHz manual step attenuator offers exceptional repeatability and reliability. Attenuation is provided in 10 dB steps from 0 to 110 dB. Precision gold-plated leaf springs ensure long life (over 5 million cycles) and very high attenuator repeatability (typically 0.01 dB). To improve measurement accuracy, NIST traceable data (SWR and attenuation) is available as Option UK6. Custom step attenuator/switch combinations are possible. The Keysight 11716A/B/C interconnect kits provide quick connection of Keysight 8494/5/6/7 1 dB and 10 dB step attenuators in series for greater dynamic range with 1 dB steps.
For more information about RF step attenuator, please visit 10 dB RF Step attenuators.
Interested in a 8496B?
Featured Resources for 8496B Manual Attenuator, 18 GHz, 110 dB, 10 dB steps
Application Notes 2017.11.30
Custom Switch Matrices
Product Fact Sheets 2017.11.30
RF & Microwave Manual Step Attenuators
RF & Microwave Attenuators
User Manuals 2021.11.12
Keysight 8494/95/96A/B Attenuators Operating and Service Manual